1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice about.. a lot of stuff!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GayNurse95, Nov 4, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, Im 19 and I'm looking for insurance outside of my parents' because I am making to the painful decision to disconnect myself from my family due to them abusing me and their negative influences. I am going to Ohio to go closer to medical schools. As well as going there next year in 2015, in the summer. Im thinking about letting my girlfriend move in with me.
    So, heres what I need help:
    Is it a good idea to get insurance through my work if I intend to stay with the company for awhile?
    Is it a good idea to go to a place to get closer to medical schools if I intend to be a Doctor/surgeon?
    Should my girlfriend move in with me?
    How do I separate myself from my family?
    Thnaks

2. iiimee

With the first question, I suggest not getting it with the company if you don't think the job's stable. However, if it is and you like the job, you should consider it, or whichever gives you better benefits.

I am not sure entirely on the second one, but I think it would be best. Being a doctor is very serious, and you don't want to travel a long while if you want to go to medical school for that.

As for your girlfriend, are you two really serious? Don't move in if not. If you two are serious and can handle that commitment, then go for it. I don't know your relationship, so I can't think of what to say besides that.

Also, seperating is difficult. If you can, don't stop talking to them. But if it becomes abusive and harms you, you just have to quit communicating to them and move on. It's one of the most heartbreaking things people on this site experience.