1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depression Being Single

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gay4ever, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Gay4ever

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys, I have had a lot of depression lately with searching for a partner. I've crashed and burned so many times you probably couldn't count. Where I live its hard to find gay guy thats single because they are all in a relationship. So i was wondering how you guys cope with being single. I kinda forgot how to be single (haha). I've always been set up in basically all of my relationships. I just hate being single thats basically it. I would also like tips on how to approach another gay guy and ask them on a date, etc. Also any ideas to keep my mind off of relationships because most of my friends are in relationships have boyfriends/girlfriends.

2. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keep in mind that you are 16.. and have ample time find yourself someone who you'll like. My advice to you bro would be, take it easy dont be sad because you dont have someone, be happy that you can be free.

3. Notlad

Same as above. I'm 17 and being single gets me down, but I have to remember I have my whole life. I'm not even out of high school yet, there's a whole gay community we're not in contact with. I

4. Flo

Flo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Focus on your other interests - sports? Gym? Music? It helps in keeping your mind off thinking about relationships and being single. When you focus on your passions, you will naturally attract the right people :slight_smile:

5. Hunter427

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel this way sometimes, and I kinda just feel like I need someone to be there. However I usually realize that I'm in highschool and like Notlad said, we are still not in contact with a very large part of the community. I've decided that if I maybe find someone in school that I like, I'll go for it. However if not my plan is to wait until I'm a little older so I can go to different places to meet people. My advice to you is just be patient, someone will come along eventually. Also when I get depressed or down, I usually do something that distracts me, which for me happens to be a lot of video games. Maybe play those or go to the gym like Flo said. BAIS

6. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aw dont feel all lonely. Being single is nice, I like to have good friends because relationships are complicated haha

7. BaconMonster

I feel this way sometimes, I'm (fairly sure) I'm bisexual, yet it's hard for me to find girls or guys to date, especially in my small town. I'm just focusing on improving my life right now by finishing school and getting a job so I can move to houston where there are more choices.

8. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As mentioned above, for sadness nothing works quite like a workout. It gets all the endorphins pumping. They make you feel happy. You might also meet someone at the gym, and the gym can help to improve your self confidence. Being alone sucks, I know, but you are very young and most gay men your age are not properly equipped to enter into a committed relationship, but that's not to say that all of them are like that.

9. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only you can make yourself happy. Being in a relationship is not a magic happy pill.

10. Morrisome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm 26 and have never been in a relationship, it's just devastating.
    The urge to hug my pillow at bed time is embarrassing.
    I just wanna cuddle :frowning2:

sorry for being depressing. I hope you do find someone worthy of your love very very soon. Best of luck.

11. PalestrinaMX

I understand the feeling.

12. Bubble Bun

Bubble Bun Guest

I understand this feeling, I've never had a boyfriend in my life either, and I have to agree I do get really depressed.

You're young, you have plenty of time, cherish that time when you're still single, because time is gold.

I would suggest engaging in a hobby you love, it'll help! Just live life, and maybe before you know it a potential lover will be before your eyes!( ^ω^)

Also remember to love yourself, because before you can love someone you must be able to love yourself.

13. paisleydaisy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have been single for a long time (maybe too long really) and it was hard at first, but I came to love it. I have found out so much about myself and gotten so much done with all the spare time. I'm better equipped for a relationship than I was before.

You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with.
    - Wayne Dyer

14. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    don't worry there's plenty of times. i always say that the more longer that you're single, the more you have to talk about with the lucky partner that nabs ya. i've been single for a while, and i gotta say that it feels a bit relieving in a way because i discover more about myself and what i'm able to do and what not to do. i wouldn't want anyone suffocating me from that experience. gives me more time to be more stable and more secure so i wouldn't have nothing to worry about. you'll find somebody eventually. you might be just as lucky as the others

15. SittinInTheDark

Right Now: Minneapolis llll Usually: New York City
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have never been in a relationship in my life, and I went on my first ever about two months ago. For a long time, I thought it was because I was fat, because I was ugly. But now I am don't know really. Maybe I am too nervous. On that date, I spent the entire time thinking about how it could be better and assessing my feelings at every move to figure out if I like him. So I ruined it.

I hate that I have never been on a second date, and that I felt generally unlovable for a considerable amount of time. I hate that I don't see myself being able to be in a relationship any time soon because I think no one is interested, even though I know at least one is...which i ruined.

Gosh, can't I just mutually cuddle with someone and kiss them... I want to have sex and talk to them about my day and cry on them without feeling guilty. MM :frowning2: