1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I take this risk?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bisexualgirl, Nov 7, 2014.

1. bisexualgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I consider myself to be queer and I'm comfortable with the clothes I wear. If I feel girly I'll dress that way and if I feel guyish then my clothes will match. But recently I've been feeling uncomfortable in my long hair. My hair is light brown, layered, and wavy with a side fringe and lots of people admire and want my hair. But I'm just not feeling it and I've been dreaming of having short hair for awhile and I think I'll be more comfortable in it. I even know a couple of friends who are girls but identify as guys and cut their hair, which I really admire the courage it took and all. Although I have a lot of friends who love me for being bi and queer and have/will encourage me to cut my hair, I also have the more homophobic friends who will definately act different or completely ignore me once I cut my hair (they don't know I'm bi) I'm really scared of losing them if I cut my hair but I also really want to do it. Thanks for all those who're giving me advice :slight_smile:

2. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lots of women cut their hair short where I live, it's no big deal. Why do you think your friends will mind? Is it unusual where you live?

I also think that friends who will reject you because of something trivial like a haircut are no real friends to begin with...

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a similar concern when I went to buy glasses. Should I buy the blue glasses or the black ones. I finally went for the blue ones.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If you really have concerns you might think about doing it in steps, getting the hair shorter with 2 or three cuts...

(*hug*)

5. gamergirl689

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    From my experience of cutting my hair, Everything went fine for me. I tend to dress as a butch so people started realizing my sexual orientation. Other than that people treated me the same and didn't lose any friends of any sort. Take the risk if you feel comfortable and sure about it