1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Know of a Lesbian on Campus!! ....But?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Noir, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Noir

This year I've really been hoping to make some more lesbian/bi friends to relate to who would understand me a little more than my other friends can, and perhaps maybe I would stumble upon one who I would like to date eventually.

At the first GSA meeting this year at my college, I was lucky enough to have the two girls who I thought were cute come up and talk to me. I got a little closer to one of them and became friends with her, but unfortunately I found out that she has a boyfriend :eusa_doh:

The other girl did try and text me at the beginning, but after maybe one or two conversations via text she didn't really respond, AND she never came again after the first meeting. She sounded reluctant if I asked if she was coming two or three weeks afterwards. I see her around campus sometimes, but she doesn't seem too interested in coming over and talking, though she does smile if our eyes happen to meet. She's the only other girl on campus I know for SURE is gay (she said so at the first meeting), but my impression of her is that she might be a little stuck up. :confused:

I don't want to be desperate looking for other lesbians, but I don't want to be so quick to judge her since I've interacted with her so little. Should I just let her be since she doesn't seem too interested in me, or should I try talking to her more if I run into her again?

2. CrazyAwkward

If you run into her often I think it's worth a try to talk to her a bit, even if it's just a polite "hi, how are you?" type thing to start with. Sometimes people who seem stuck up are just shy. She might surprise you.

3. Noir

I don't always see her too often, but we recognize one another and she's given me a nice enough smile the other day, and I said hi. She doesn't seem as scary as before, at least.

If anything, I have the perfect excuse to meet with her--she knows from a self intro at the GSA that I'm an art major and that I draw people's portraits, and I pay them in coffee. The term is almost over, but I wouldn't mind trying to make a new friend--should I send her a message asking if I could draw her portrait to keep in practice and build up my portfolio? :confused: Or should I just wait and hope I bump into her again next term in 2015?

4. Really

Do the portrait thing. What could it hurt? She might say no because she's too shy but then you could say, "How about we start with the coffee and see how you feel afterwards? I'm happy either way."

5. Noir

Okay, I'll give it a try! :confused: What have I got to lose?

6. Noir

..........What if she just never replies at all, now that I've sent the message? I'll feel stupid. :confused:

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Don't... her reaction is up to her...
    you might even send a second message after a few days, politely asking if she has made up her mind about your first message...

(*hug*)

8. Really

I think you also have to remember with electronic communications, people read them and answers them in their head but can take longer to actually send an answer. I'll sometimes go thru my messages and come across some I've forgotten to actually reply to.