1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mental illness?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Syreni, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Syreni

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been diagnosed with depression and have been on 150 mg of seratoniane. But instill have nightmares and I hear things and I really don't believe this is reality. I often think that all of this is just my imagination. However other times I am sure this is real. Please help.

2. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i hear voices too it could be paranormal what do the voices say? -hugs

3. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are they voices or just strong thoughts because those two are different?

4. Missy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is the doc that prescribed you the pills aware of how you feel? If you are in a deep depression it can give you a psychosis. Do you talk to a therapist? Have you been under a lot of stress? It could maybe be burnt out-symtoms?
    Anyway, hope you will feel better soon!

---------- Post added 8th Nov 2014 at 01:50 PM ----------

An other thing that crossed my mind, did you have these voices or feelings before you started with serotonine?
    I have also felt very down before and know how it is.
    Take care

5. shinji

shinji Guest

It helps, to think of the voices, as being your subconciousness, expressing itself to you. You may even try holding a conversation with them, it's fun!

Or, having a "spirit" or several, inside of you, guiding you...

Sorry for sounding somewhat weird.

You should definitely have a talk with your doctor.

On a side note, when you say "you hear things", can you elaborate on that?

6. Syreni

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hear heavy breathing all the time, that no one else hears. And there's this girl, I don't know what she's called. But her voice is sickly sweet and she hates me, but she's right. She just points out things about me that our wrong, and theyre all true. There's also a man telling em I'm trapped all the time.

7. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could be having an adverse reaction to the medications. It is also important to differentiate between clinical depression and situational depression. Mental and behavioral health medications are like an abacus, it is all about finding the right balance and knowing which pill will effect the others. Even something as simple as Tylenol or Melatonin might be causing these reactions with the medication. Schedule another appointment with your doctor and explain the side effects. Medication adjustments should only be done in person. That way if there is any confusion or a need to return the previous unused medications it can all be done in one foul swoop.

The most important thing is to make sure that you are not feeling suicidal or homicidal. If you are, don't wait, call 911. Hope this helps.

8. QueHaPasado

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Oh wow, 150 mg of Seratonin is quite a lot. I was on it for about five months before my doctor decided it didn't work for me. :/ Talk to your doctor, ask for a change in medication. Antipsychotics can be used to treat depression and anxiety, and switching to one addresses the voices issue whether it is a side effect of your Seratonin or a separate illness, even if it doesn't quite fix it. Hope you're doing all right :slight_smile:

9. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

I had severe depression this summer. Suicidal depression. I barely dealt with it, until Robbin Williams died. Then I started learning more about clinical depression. Finally, a post by someone matched what I was feeling. I had a "drill sergant from hell" inside my head yelling at the top of his voice telling me how worthless I was, how everything I've done was a failure, all my personal faults. I damn near walked into my workshop and got a gun.

My research after that, and my therapist, told me that voice in my head is not really me, its a subconscious critic. You can tell that voice to shut the hell up, and ignore it. Seek out forums for depression and read through other peoples experiences.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...204/when-the-voice-inside-your-head-turns-bad

I would definitely schedule an appointment with your doctor and bring everything up you've brought up here. My medication was adjusted through this period from 100 mg of zoloft all the way up to the max dose of 200 mg. So, if you aren't feeling some relief, either the dose is off, or its the wrong medicine for you.

My therapist also told me, voices inside head, OKAY. Voices outside head, PSYCHOTIC

#9 kindy14, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014