1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are parents this selfish?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by dano218, Nov 8, 2014.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok my parents know deny ever talking to my bf or saying bad stuff about him. Thry are pretending none of what they did ever happened. They know thry were wrong to do thr stuff thèy did and originally said sorry. Now since it was brought up again thry pretend nothing ever happened. Why are thry doing this? Please read previous posts to understand better.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! (*hug*)

I head a read through some of your previous threads/posts, and a part of me thinks that perhaps the best for everybody involved would be to create some distance, and space so to be able to recollect thoughts and reflect on what has been said and done.

I don't think that anything will be achieved by continuing to yell at each other, sending messages back and forth, and not being honest with each other.

In a previous thread you said that you had a falling out with your dad, and that you are an adult and want to be treated as such. You have stated your side, you have talked with them.... maybe the best thing to do would be not to engage at the moment. Sometimes, the adult thing to do is not to engage, and to let it be for a while.

I assume you are not dependent on them financially, and if that's the case, try to give yourself some space and distance from it all. Ask them, not to contact you for a while and that you would like to be left alone and move forward in your life.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. I am gonna do that and wait until they contact me and give me the same respect and understanding .