1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating scene

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by seeking, Nov 9, 2014.

1. seeking

Has anyone felt it is hard to date within the LGBT community, like it's harder to really meet other LGBT?

If you been in the dating scene for a while and had success, how did you find a significant other?

what was your first experience like at a lesbian or gay club?

I tried a popular dating site... not that great in all honesty.

Hope to hear some responses/advice!

#1 seeking, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe the best way to meet someone for a date is to put yourself in as many situations as possible to meet new people. Whether it is specifically LGBT related or otherwise. The more social settings you insert yourself in, the higher the chances of finding someone to date. Whether using apps, dating site, light community organisatione, charities, sport leagues or other social situations.

I do believe dating sites and apps can work, with persistence and the right approach. So mwoild not give up hope in them, but I do believe you need to use multiple sites and be clear about whom you are and what your seeking.

But just the same, I actually met my partner randomly in a public setting, and that can happen just the same.

3. ithinkiamgay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First, let me clear, I've not found my significant other, the way you say it :slight_smile:

But you can definitely meet, a little more than meet, lesbian women at lesbian/gay bars.
    I have to confess, it isn't easy.
    I've had embarrassing situations in a bid to try hitting a girl of my choice.
    But 4-5 attempts of going to such bars and you'll strike success.

Good luck.

4. seeking

Awesome..i was gonna go to some lesbian/gay bars but i was afraid i would have more trouble meeting a girl, if that makes sense? There is a lesbian bar near me that i would like to attend.