1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my gay issue

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by odd, Nov 9, 2014.

1. odd

odd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    below are my opinions. i'm placing it so that i could maybe open some eyes or maybe realise other stuff i'm not concerned about.
    to the point--> first to those people(not straight) who, i've seen in most cases, for some reason like to discriminate against guys who are effeminate, be ashamed. being gay is already an issue and i see discrimination amongst gay men itself. i'm not sure if "discrimination" is the right word but you get the point.
    second, i think we should stop labeling eachother as gay, lesbian, bisexual or pansexual or butch or femme or uncles/daddy because i believe anyone can fall in love with anyone because no one is 100% anything even if they are, label should not be describing them. let those labels just be the nature of a person. labelling for me is another form of judgement. so far thats what i feel. you're welcome to to place your opinion as well cause maybe what i do not realise is labels makes it just plain easy, doesn't it?

2. shinji

shinji Guest

It's simply not how the world "works".

Life follows the majority. Hitler was a great man (no more of a "bad guy" than some "other" people in power today), yet he was portrayed as a villain due to how the war turned out.

I am trying to make a point here, give me a second!

So, when you have this majority of people, that are likeminded, they tend to "enforce" and "skew" what is perceived as normal, depending on their own (often wrong) ideas and morals.

Done!

*goes for cookies*

*comes back*

Labels are used, for the benefit of those same people who are stupid enough to not realize what you wrote in your post. Some LGBT people (no offence intended) have even gotten the idea to identify themselves by these "labels" to feel like they "fit" in a certain category, predetermined by those exact people who lack the capacity to realize that life is not always black and white (which is also the name of a god sim game by Lionhead). Because in the end, we all want to "fit in", since it's hardcoded into our minds, the sense to belong to a group, to not be isolated.

This is precisely why forums like this exist, but then... ask yourself this. What happens, when a person, simply doesn't "fit in", anywhere? Why should we even strive to fit in? Are we not unique enough on our own, to be able to distinguish ourselves from the masses, everyone, deserves a pedestal of their own, because everyone is their own unique person.

Why throw all this away... by trying to accommodate others?

*finished eating cookie*

3. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey!

I agree with you that it would be better if some straight people stopped generalizing members of the LGBTQ community-just because a gay male isn't effeminate or a lesbian isn't masculine or wearing flannel doesn't mean that our sexuality isn't legitimate.

I think that other labels are fine, as long as they're okay with the person they address. I personal identify as gay most of the time-it makes it easier for me because people are less likely to ask questions. Could I fall in love with a guy? Maybe, under very specific circumstances-but I'm far more likely to end up with a woman, thus I identify as gay.

If someone wants to identify as pan or bi, that's up to them and if it makes them comfortable I think it's great.

As for femme/butch/etc-as long as the person is okay with it, it's okay by me. Personally, I don't really identify with any of these labels and I don't see the need to use them for myself, but if someone calls me femme or chapstick or whatever it's not going to bother me.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I like being around effeminate guys; it makes me more comfortable in expressing my feminine inclinations that usually stay pretty well hidden.

And objectively, live and let live. If being feminine is wrong, is it wrong for women too? If not, it's the disconnect from the male gender you can't abide, and you have to figure out why that's a bad thing. If it's shameful for women too, it's misogyny.

5. DitzieDigsGuys

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OH...My...BEJESUS!!! MEH TWO O_O