1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ring on right hand ring finger?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by katiexxx, Nov 9, 2014.

1. katiexxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, silly question perhaps, so please don't laugh at the novice!

But does lesbians (specifically butch lesbians) wearing a ring on their right hand ring finger have any kind of meaning? (no other rings at all).

I like this girl & want to make sure its not an obvious 'taken' sign before I make a compete tit of myself! ;-)

Thanks x

2. DinelodiiGitli

Nothing lesbian specific that I know of. But if it is a solid black ring it might be taken as a sign you're a swinger or an ace. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Don't know about lesbians, but... In general, you shouldn't go assuming anything, about people, only by how they chose to wear their jewelry.

4. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

Could be a promise ring?

5. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not that I'm aware of. I used to wear my class ring on my left hand for no other reason than it didn't fit on my right. I've known (straight) girls to wear a ring on their left hand because they thought guys would think they're taken and wouldn't bother them. And I've known all sorts of girls to wear rings because they like wearing rings.

6. Blossom85

I think you shouldn't assume anything from the way someone wears their ring, unless it is a specific kind of ring.. I used to have a claddagh ring before I sadly lost a few months ago.. My parents brought it for me when I was in my teens cause I liked Buffy and that ring is very specific in meaning, but most rings could be worn on a certain finger cause it's just what they like or it might be the only finger it fits comfortably.