1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, so depressed I don't even know what to do anymore.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RayXxx, Nov 9, 2014.

1. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

I'm running out of energy. I find it hard to continue on with each day, and to be honest, I resent the trans title. All I want is to be a normal guy. I feel like I'm on an island and no one cares. All the pleasure in my life has been stripped away and I'm beginning to feel numb inside, emotionless. I can hardly have the energy to do anything anymore. I talk to my mom about my feelings, my consular and people on the internet but it doesn't help, and quite frankly, I think some people just don't want to hear it, at all. I've tried dating websites to find new friends and such, but I really do think me being trans grosses them out or something. I'm not out to many in the world outside the internet, but I think that would actually make it worse considering how I'm already being treated online, like I'm practically invisible. How can I find some peace inside? It's not from my lack of trying, but I'm being hit from every angle in life. I just can't seem to shake this misery.:tears:

2. anonym

anonym Guest

I'm sorry, I don't know :frowning2: Everything I read in terms of self-help tells me that I must accept and be happy with who I am and if I can do that I'll be happy. But it's tricky being ok with who you are when no one else is.

3. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think what the self-help books are trying to convey is that if you're happy with who you are, it doesn't matter as much what other people think. It's true, but they sometimes make it seem easier than it is.

A lot of people don't know what to say to someone who's depressed, they're afraid of saying the wrong thing so they don't even try. Also, depending on how depressed you are, it's easy to paint everything black, dismissing anything positive, and most people have a hard time dealing with that.

The fact is, although it seems like everyone else is happy, lots of people feel that they'll never find friends or a relationship, and it can seem overwhleming at times.

For instance, I found out eventually that one of the reasons I have a hard time keeping friends is because I'm a bad friend. I don't take the initiative, and people got tired of chasing after me. I was always afraid that no one wanted to hang out with me, so I never asked, and just waited for people to come to me.

I know right now you don't like being trans, but it's a real plus that you know who you are, and that's something you can feel positive about. I've been through the same hell of being forever single, but without really knowing why I felt so out of place and why relationships were so difficult. I kept trying to be a regular girl, but it just wasn't working and I felt like a failure.

I know it probably doesn't help much, but I can promise you that it will get better.