1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

depression dilemma

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ch59, Nov 9, 2014.

1. ch59

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What should I do about this situation? I am seven depressed and have been for around five years. I have had panic attacks for awhile now, almost every day and I have gone to three different psychiatrists and all of them have said I needed these meds. I was on the meds for about two months and things got alot better but my mom threw away my meds cuz she doesn't believe in meds. She thinks that I need to turn to God and not be gay, then I will not be depressed apparently. I have also gone to the hospital and two doctors and they all said I need the medications. My dad doesn't wannt me to ghave them either but i really really need them. What should I do? Waiting til im 18 is not an option.

2. Morrisome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Call child protection services or some other governmental agencies in charge of such situations. If it's deemed by doctors that you need a med, you must be allowed to take it.

3. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does your psychiatrist know about this? I think you should tell him/her about it as soon as possible, or a school counselor if you are in school. They should be able to help you find a solution.

4. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You need an adult you can trust to be on your side. You're in an awful environment and medical decisions are being made by people who have no idea what they're doing. Please talk to a teacher or a friend's parents or your doctor and tell them exactly what's happening.