1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

staying alive

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Alive, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Alive

My name on this site is alive for a reason

Alive because I am not living but meerly here and breathing.

I have depression and a history with cutting my hands and feet because it gives me extreme pain that makes me escape life.
    March 9th marks the last day I cut myself.
    But I don't see why I should keep living.
    I have lost my hope.

Please tell me why you keep living.
    Or what you think the purpose of life is.
    Or what gives you hope.

I know I need to keep living.
    I know I have to keep fighting.
    I know I'm not alone.
    I want to feel alive.

2. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    my purrpose on life is to learn all there is to learn and to see everything there is to see.and when im old ill share all i learned and experienced to the next generation and then die of old age in my sleep peacefully.

---------- Post added 10th Nov 2014 at 07:59 PM ----------

And my hope comes from hey it could always be worse and there is always tomorrow. and if i have a major episode i sleep it off and try to forget it never happened. though i do know people who cut and heck i had to literately restrain someone i love from cutting him self with scissors. it was scary as hell but me and him survived unscathed.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Life is just too interesting to simply stop "playing". Imagine if you will, how many scenarios can unfold for you in the future, so many of which hold equal potential to bring you happiness and to change your life completely.
    Saying this, goes to show that you are already on the right path. So the hardest (first) step has been taken, now all that is left is for you to keep walking, without turning back.

Might i suggest, changing up your life a little? Introduce something new into your life, like a pet perhaps, a new friend, something that can excite you, that will get you focused on better things. Maybe pick up a hobby, or simply go out and have a long walk, to clear your head.

4. Alive

Thanks you guys :slight_smile:

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Life is an adventure. It has its ups and downs. Fight through the downs and relish the ups. After having beaten the odds, the upside is that much more rewarding!

6. Pleione

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If every day seems like a pain and you feel like you can't bear it anymore try to take little steps and live for just one day at a time, i.e. don't think about the weeks/months/years to come, just focus on that single day and be like "I can still end my life tomorrow if I want, but not today." - it's less pressure on your mind.

Remember, once you're dead that's it, but if you keep on living there's always a chance something nice may happen to you.

warning: this one is kinda obvious but in your case I'll say it just to keep you safe: I'm not a doctor so please don't consider this medical or professional advice. In case of emergency please seek professional help.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Read something by Carl Sagan, even a single quote, and you will see the fleeting majesty of existence.