1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to not let a club die out?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by wontwalkblindly, Nov 11, 2014.

1. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So me and some friends are kinda in the process of creating a social justice club/GSA with the help of my favorite teacher.
    My teacher talked to the principal for us about it being officially a GSA (becsuse he's conservative and gross about that stuff) and he said he was worried about us creating one bc of the nature of our town and stuff. So my teacher proposed the compromise of having a social justice club so that it wouldn't be as bad. (Also at her high school they tried to have a GSA and the kids in it were bullied really badly.) she said that we could probably grow into the name GSA.
    So now that we have that part figured out, I don't really know where to go from there.
    Like if it was an actual GSA from the beginning, I know you can get lessons online and stuff but it's not.
    And how do I even go about setting up a meeting?
    How do I get people to join?
    What should we do in the club?
    How can we be inclusive?
    Other advice?!

We tried doing this before and it died out and I don't want that to happen again.