1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm 16 talking to a freshmen in college and really need advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by James122321, Nov 11, 2014.

1. James122321

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I'm a sophomore in high school and I've been talking to a college student basically everyday for the past few weeks. Problem is, I am starting to actually like him and he says his only bi curious and wouldn't ever want a relationship with a guy. Not to mention he has a girlfriend :help:. But at the same time he always says how he thinks I'm so sexy and stuff like that! Also he told me he wants to cuddle but when I imagine cuddling it's with someone you actually have feelings for when he says he couldn't have feelings for another guy. Help!!

2. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    haha idk what to say because at the moment im currently like that guy just younger and more promiscuous.-hugs u- i really want to help though.

3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's cool to keep talking to him if you consider him a friend, but I highly recommend against doing anything physical with him until he's able to be honest with himself about his sexuality. You owe it to yourself to find someone who can admit that he wants to be with you.

Also, the age gap may not be a big deal in the long run but it probably doesn't make sense right now if you still have three years of high school left -- that's a pretty big lifestyle difference and there could also be legal issues.

4. sublimeprincess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The thing about people in college is we've been where you are and we have a little more experience, so we can manipulate you guys. He obviously at least likes your attention. Maybe see what happens if you don't give him attention and try to get him to you. (It's an unfortunate mind game you might want to play) After the silence for awhile and ONLY if he texts/call you about the ignoring would I then say, "Look, I'm a bit concerned with the whole girlfriend situation, and it throws me off. I find you attractive, too, but I want _________________, and if you can give me that, then I want to talk to you, but if you can't then I think it would be better to have some distance." Whatever happens after that should then just be the course of action. He does what you want, or you give space to the situation so your feelings don't get hurt. If you want something more serious, then I wouldn't settle, but if you're okay with a fling, then go for it! He'll be more hot for you if he has to work for you though :wink: I know game playing is totes immature or whatever, but it is effective, and it is part of the art of seduction unfortunately.

5. James122321

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I won't see him as a friend so basically I just wanna know if I should stop talking to him or not.

---------- Post added 11th Nov 2014 at 06:59 PM ----------

Wow actually this helps sooo much thank you!

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most likely he's not straight, likely gay or on gay side of bi, and just beginning to deal with that. Ordinarily I'd say the age difference is a problem given your age, but given that he isn't even out to himself yet... You and he might be fairly close developmentally.

I'd tread very slowly and carefully. If you can just be friends and keep your feelings under control it could be ok for both of you. I'd leave any sexual activity aside for a while, and depending on his age and the state you live in, it could be a legal dilemma too.

You sound like you are approaching it cautiously. I think if you continue that way, and assuming he is 18 or 19, it could potentially be positive for both of you.

7. James122321

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well you see, I'm kinda of an emotional person and I'm not sure if it's the best idea for me to develop feelings for someone who either doesn't have them or won't admit they have them for me. Is it possible for someone to just want to have sex with the same gender but not have any feelings for them??

---------- Post added 11th Nov 2014 at 07:08 PM ----------

Oh by the way the legal consent age is 16 in my state so were good with that haha

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone