1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low Sex Drive

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Justinian20, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Justinian20

I rarely think about sex and it feels like my low sex drive means I'm not gay and I'm homoerotic as an asexual. I feel like I wanna be with a guy but my sex drive is not enough to be gay. It's like all gay men and lesbian women have high sex drives and I have the sex drive of a sloth. I makes me feel unsure of who I really am in terms of sexuality. It's either asexual/homosexual.

2. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you just are not meeting the right sort of men. It takes more than physical appearances to turn everyone on. Maybe your more attracted to the intimacy of being close to someone else as opposed to actual sex aspect, not that there's anything wrong with this at all.

3. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    -hugs u- id gladly trade my sex drive for yours anyday because mine gets me into risky and messy situations and leaves a huge painfull mess

4. Justinian20

It's just like I feel like my sex drive makes me more asexual in nature and yet I'm attracted to men and it doesn't make any sense at all so I've decided to compromise and say I am a Gay Asexual man.

5. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    so in other words your a homoromantic asexual I see

6. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Or it could just be that you are a well adjusted individual who has more on their mind than a role in the hay and the rest of us are just sex maniacs.

7. Justinian20

I think I am just a homoromantic asexual, it's the only thing that actually fits me so I'm sort of part of two communities, the asexual community and the gay community.

8. Justinian20

Actually that just seems to be what I always do dodge the truth, the truth is I'm so scared of the future and my mind just seems to react that way. I've always had these panic attacks in relevance to my sexuality, I just can't really seem to accept my sexuality. I find excuses all the time. I honestly can't handle it, I'm so damn scared of what the future holds for me as a gay man so I revert back to my asexual status. I'm tired of it and don't know what to do because it just happens all the time, but I don't want it to. I want to accept myself but I don't know what to do.

9. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you still are not comfortable as a gay man and using the asexual thing as a crutch. The only thing I can say is ask yourself what is it about being gay that is so frightening: Is it being different? Is it the fear of being judged? Are you afraid of what your parents/friends will say? Is it the intimacy with a man that scares you? These are all really important questions to answer.

Until you answer some of them on your own you may feel uncomfortable with your sexuality for some time. Go slow and be honest with yourself. There's no need to rush into it.