1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

school can be so stressful:(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by oohkeagiechuu, Nov 17, 2014.

1. hey there,
    I just wanted to rant a bit, had a pretty crummy day today:frowning2: so basically I've always gotten perfect grades in school, and now I'm about to get my first "B" ever, in my science class. I study so, so hard for it, and try my best. I do just about all that I can do, but it just doesn't stick. I told my mom that I was going to quit the academic games club thing because I needed more time for studying, and she got really mad, but I guess is okay with it now. its just, I try so hard but I can't do perfectly, and its really scary because everything I've worked for for years is about to just be for nothing. my parents told me that if I get any thing less than an A, that I would be punished and they would take away my game stuff and art stuff, which makes no sense, because its not theirs and whatever. I mean, most of the time all I think about is school, and I can't do things that I enjoy without worrying that its taking away from stinking school agh. I'm taking all ap classes, most multiple grade levels ahead of me, yet my parents still expect me to get perfect grades and be perfect, but I'm not! I want to have time to enjoy my youth (even if its not necessarily being social or doing things) but live my life how I want to. I'm so stressed and mad at myself for being so lousy, and i have to act all happy and cheerful around other people when inside I feel like crying. there's other problems of other natures going on in my life too that I won't touch on right now, but school is basically causing me a ton of distress and anxiety right atm, I don't know what to do:frowning2: thanks if anyone read this long blab, I just needed to get that off of my chest.
    love you amazing people :slight_smile:

2. Rainbows~Exist

I think it's vitally important to achieve a healthy balance between school life and social life. Focusing all of your energy and worries on one or the other will only result in stress and sadness so in your case I would say that you should take a brake, relax. This happened to me once and I was literally crying all day but after it I was find. Just take some time to relieve all your stresses and you'll be fine :slight_smile:

3. mellybear01

mellybear01 Guest

you're adorbs. ♥ i hope this vent helped you out. ♥