1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you ever?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by wolfy1, Nov 19, 2014.

1. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    for people in the closet, do you ever wish you could just talk to someone about the way you feel sometimes? im completely in the closet... and so much i wish i could just talk to some one about by sexuality... and my feelings and well, anything. im not discrediting EC by any means, this place is grate, but honestly its no match for a one on one conversation with someone close to you.

it just hurts so much sometimes:tears:.... like i want to talk about boys with friends lol. i want to talk about relationships... i want to talk about the guy i like... but i cant because no one knows. i know the simple solution is to come out, but there is a time for that and right now is not the time! :dry:

2. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am out a little but I still know what you mean. I wish I could talk to someone but I do not trust anyone else enough.

3. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know what you mean :frowning2: All of the people I've come out to are straight and I feel like I can't really talk about my sexuality to them because they just don't get it. I feel incredibly alone sometimes.

On the bright side, I'm considering joining and LGBTQ+ youth group, which I'm looking forward to, so I can actually talk about people who get me. :slight_smile:

4. poetofdarkness

i think everyone has gone through this at some point.

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have found friends on EC to be a great place to "talk" to people. Is it the same as in person one on one discussions, maybe not. But then again, I work, I travel a lot for work, I have family commitments, and other time constraints. ECl and the people here have become a great outlet to express myself and listen to others with much in common.

6. C P

C P

I definitely know how you feel.

I compare it to watching something like a scary movie. It may help to make you feel less alone/more at ease by messaging someone but it isn't quite the same as having someone physically there with you.

It's nice to have an outlet like EC where you can get some things off your chest but, yeah, I too wish I had someone offline to talk to about it all...specifically someone who is in similar shoes(what are the chances? >_>). That's one thing that sticks out here; there are others around who are facing similar struggles, so it's too bad we're spread out.

Ya know, it's a natural reaction to want to discuss who you find attractive and all that, so it does suck to have to listen to others talk about guys and stuff and have to bite my tongue, wishing I could join in.

7. Burnedcloset

I 100% feel you man, once you come out to yourself it starts to feel like that right? This website has been SOOO good but, I just wish there was someone I could talk to irl.

I want to be the real me! Talk about the boys I like, My feelings, relationship, and all that stuff.

Coming out isn't that easy.

That's why I'm planning on going to a LGBT+ group to talk and get to know people. Maybe make some friends.

8. Blossom85

I certainly understand where you are coming from.. I think it is always to be able to talk to someone you know in rl as well as on the net.. I think a lot of people feel this way as well. It is not to say that sites like this aren't helpful cause they really are.. But it is wonderful to interact in a real life setting and talking with someone you know and can trust.