1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depression is Coming

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Justinian20, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Justinian20

Every family member of my family is against me and homophobic, I don't belong in the world I'm currently in. I can't take these things anymore, it's too hard to keep being strong in the face of adversity, I just feel like I could cry so hard that my entire face will be wet with tears. I can face the problems head on, but everything is just overwhelming to me.

I'm realizing that I should have never come out to my stupid family. They don't understand anything, Its all been negative for me and I can see a positive in sight, but they tried to stop me from moving into a hostel by pretending to be nice to me. I just need somewhere to go where I can actually talk to people every week and be around those people so I don't have to be around my family. I can't find any LGBT support groups in Brisbane though.

2. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry to hear about this. It's terrible to be rejected by a family member. Its a big step that you told your family members about your sexuality even if they don't support you. If there's anything I can do to help or if you ever need to talk let me know. Here's to hoping things get better for you.

3. Justinian20

Everything I've gone through and all the thoughts I have say I am Gay, but it just isn't enough. I feel like I'm being paraded in a cage by my family as a circus act with people jeering at me saying, "Look theres a gay man lets bash him cause he's different." The cage opens up and people just beat me including my brother and sister. I am so scared of everything, god I wish I had a boyfriend who I could talk to and share feelings with and touch and just feel safe around him, then I would at least look forward to something in my life.

4. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You might get depressed from this, but it's not a foregone conclusion. I can see how tough it would be, though. But if you can somehow find enough inner love and acceptance, then even what your family thinks of you, won't be able to bring you down. Easier said than done, I know. But with support from without, from places such as here on ec, and the conviction that you really are ok, in fact you're better off than the homophobic folks in your own family, know what I mean? - you could make it though without having to get depressed. (*hug*)

5. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am really sorry to hear that your family treats you that way. They shouldn't. It takes a lot of guts to come out to people who are openly homophobic. You are a brave man.

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My parents are definitely not on board with everything by a long shot. See if you can find a counselor that is sensitive to your needs.