1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

girlfriend left me for a married gay man, help?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by seeker93, Nov 21, 2014.

1. seeker93

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    My now ex girlfriend became very close to a thirty year old married gay man she met two months ago and it literally destroyed our relationship. I came second to everything, his needs became her priority, she quit communicating with Me, our sex life disappeared and she spent literally all of her time with him and made no time for me what so ever. I feel like she was emotionally in love with him and I was there to fulfill her sexual desires and when I inevitably objected to how her and this guy were constantly spending time together we broke up. This man has a husband but they are separated due to school for now. I hear my ex is called a fag hag or fruit fly but I don't really know anyone inside of the gay community and it would really help if people could shed some light on this I don't know what I did wrong.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'm sorry this happened to you. I find it kind of odd though....since he's gay, he obviously can't provide all of her needs unless she's just looking for something platonic.

3. I am Kakashi

Sometimes it's easier to open up to a friend, especially one who you aren't sexually involved with. They had an emotional connection, I doubt you did anything wrong. But for whatever reason, she felt more comfortable talking to him. If it's really bugging you, and you are still on speaking terms, I would attempt to get closure by having HER shed some light on it.

4. seeker93

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    She refuses to do that. I don't even think she's consciously aware of what she did.

5. I am Kakashi

If she won't talk to you, then I'd say let sleeping dogs lie, and let her go. If she can't even give you enough respect to tell you what was wrong in the relationship, she's not worth your time.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Maybe he's really bisexual :confused:

---------- Post added 24th Nov 2014 at 02:14 PM ----------

This