1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so confused!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by vic89, Nov 21, 2014.

1. vic89

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have always known i like women more than men , i couldn't sustain a relationship with a man i was constantly thinking about women . I had an amzing relationship with 1 woman but it was never spoke about yet the thought of been in a lesbian relationship terrifies me , please help :-(

2. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why are you terrified of being in relationships with women?

3. I am Kakashi

Probably belongs in Sexual and Romantic orientation forum :slight_smile:

4. vic89

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I dont know exactly why it scares me so much, the one relationship i did have got a horrific reaction from the few people close to me that should have probably been supportive but were not. Im not sure if that is why. I wouldn't know where to start confidence = 0

5. seeking

You might be scared because there were not that many examples of same-sex relationship when younger...so it feels like you are in uncharted territory. Like feeling like you are not "educated" enough on how to sustain a relationship with a woman when society taught us how to be with men (or someone of the opposite sex.) so maybe you are worried about failing.

But a same-sex relationship is just like any relationship. To me a relationship should embody honesty, respect, and friendship. So maybe figure out what your relationship should embody.

I am scared of being in a relationship period because i don't trust people much. It is not because of it being like "uncharted territory" but, because i am scared of being lied to (vulnerability?) So maybe identify what you are exactly scared of.

I am also a tad scared of confirming my sexuality, but at the same time not.

Hope this helped a little.

6. vic89

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That is a very valid point there , been in a same sex relationship is unheard of in my family, not that i have contact with them anymore but still it kinda haunts me a bit. The one relationship i had with a woman was amazing and i think i will always adore her she is much older than me and i felt so safe , i totally hear what your saying about vulnerability i relate to that i think thats why she was so special because she was my safety if that makes sense. I have three small children (one from a long term relationship with my first ever boyfriend and 2 from donor) i worry how it would affect their lives. I just worry period.
    Thank you for replying :slight_smile: