1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to feel more attractive?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by evchado32, Nov 22, 2014.

1. evchado32

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey. I'm having some real trouble with something. I cannot keep guys interested in me at all. Whether it's as friends or more, they lose interest and stop talking to me. I think it is because I am not attractive enough. I know that if I can gain some confidence in myself that would probably help, but it's hard when you've never really been called cute or anything like that before.. Do you guys have any advice?

2. GewfyGlenn

I wish I had a cure-all answer for you man, I really do. I can definitely relate to your situation, and it is still a problem with me. I was well over 150pounds overweight not too long ago, I have since gotten in shape, and you think that would fix it...but it really didn't. I mean I am certainly not as reserved about going out and such anymore, but as for feeling attractive or believing people when they tell me I am...it doesn't come easy.

As vain as it is, some things that I have been trying that seem to be chipping away, is to build somewhat of a humble ego. Start your morning and smile no matter what, just smile big. When you get out of the shower, look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you look good. It does start to take effect after a while...

Good luck to you man :slight_smile:

3. mangotree

One thing that's worked for me is trying to disbelieve all of the negative thoughts about yourself.
    Once those thoughts have no power over you, you'll naturally look and feel more confident.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Self confidence also known as healthy self esteem
    Okay maybe you might need some help from Marie I'll give you some of her videos

#4 stocking, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  5. I am Kakashi

You have a super duper cute smile! Definitely smile :slight_smile: Confidence is usually what people find attractive though, not what a person actually looks like. Sometimes it feels like it's big-headed or conceited, but tell yourself how hot you look. When I get dressed up, I look in the mirror and go "Damn, I look good!"

6. Rosalynn

I'm not sure this helps but whenever I start to feel like I look stupid, I make a list in my head of all the things I appreciate about myself. Whenever I walk by somebody at school I usually smile at them (even if it's somebody I don't know) and they usually smile back, which helps my self esteem.

7. GhostNeko

I'm with you on that one! I'm European. Never been called good looking. qq Maybe you just need a new hairstyle. That always works. For example: People paid attention to me when I tried to grow my hair out, they came at me with scissors. Lots of them.

8. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you are plenty attractive. As someone else said, you've got a really great smile!!! Maybe the other people are not interested because they were looking for something else (AKA a "good" time) and you were looking more for friendship.

You're cute.

If that doesn't help I've always found that I feel much more attractive after working out. I don't know why, maybe all the endorphins, but I feel much better afterwards. Hope this helps.

9. howsit

howsit Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Firstly, I'd like to say to anybody who reads this thread an immediately thinks "this guy is fishing for compliments" and dismisses it as vain, know that even someone you may find attractive can be deathly insecure or even have psychological conditions relating to their physical appearance (e.g. body dysmorphia).

To the OP: you're a good-looking dude. You have symmetrical features and a killer smile. I find it attractive that you can rock your costume with confidence ha. But you have to allow that kind of "I don't give a fuck about what other people think" attitude to permeate your entire existence. I'm not saying to be inconsiderate and rude, but simply find your niche and rock it. That's what makes people the most attractive--being themselves. In my opinion, confidence can be defined as being yourself while simultaneously not caring that people are inevitably going to judge you. The reason you don't care about external judgement is because you are assured of your path in life; that if you stay true to you and your interests and morals, you'll befriend people woven of the same cloth. Some people are going to like you, and some people aren't...but simply by not compromising yourself, you'll make certain that the people who surround you, love you for who you really are, and not some mirage you've created.

It's basically the same thing as being out of the closet...think about it.

#9 howsit, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  10. robclem21

Nothing is more attractive than confidence!

Even the best looking guys, when coupled with low confidence can quickly turn off most emotionally stable guys. As howsit said, find your "who gives a shit" attitude and you'll be fending guys off with a stick because you are definitely cute.

edit: I realize that saying "find confidence" isn't entirely helpful. Try to identify which specific things you are unhappy with and try to make yourself feel better about them. Obviously some things you cannot change, and we all have those insecurities, but there are definitely some things we can control (weight or muscles for example) so try to identify those things and take some action to make yourself feel more confident.

#10 robclem21, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  11. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agree with the general theme that confidence definitely goes a long way. From your pics, I do agree with others you have absolutely nothing to be concerned about, you are most definitely physically attractive. This leads to then deciding how to build self esteem. While there is no magic bullet, for me, when I set realistic goals for myself, no matter what they were, regardless of how big or small the goal was, each time I succeeded or accomplished a goal, it built my self esteem.

The remaining hurdle for me in finding myself attractive, despite what others said, was when I accomolishd the most difficult goal - coming out to myself and then to everyone around me.

Shortly after I did that, I no longer had concerns about my appearance.

Each person has to find their own objectives which are meaningful enough to them to have an impact, it's all part of the journey.

12. DinelodiiGitli

Read the compliments you're getting.
    Okay, now read them again.
    Now read them one more time.....or five.
    I don't think you have anything to worry about, you just need a little more self confidence. :slight_smile:

13. Otaku

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are HELLA CUTE , like you have nothing to be concerned about when it comes to your looks , and i know that most people in here find you extreemly cute as well , and as everyone else here said , you just got to work on your selfconfidence (i have a lack of selfconfidence myself :c ) it's easier said than done , but with that face , its a piece of cake. Just look at a mirror for 5 minutes or something xD

14. Alt

Alt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I find that most people are attractive~ Though I'll go on a different limb and say that acknowledge both your good and bad points, you can't work at what you are bad at if you ignore it.

Try to think of yourself as objectively as possible, alternating between what you are good at and what you could improve. Or just believe the people above me and their compliments ^.^

15. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ur so cute why are u saying ur not attractive? U look like that cutie Dylan o Brian :wink:

16. candle

Maybe they left because you were sending the wrong signals, if youre insecure during a conversation, its gonna show and people might be scared off

I think thats whats happening to me too.