1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convincing My Parents To Let Me Get A Job

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Nov 23, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

So I got some great news yesterday. There's a paper round job at my local store and they are full, but said I was eligible for a job. It's £30 a week, and I need to be able to get up early. I feel I must tell my parents though. Should I, and if they do, how do I get them to let me have this job?

2. kumawool

Wow! My father forced me to get a job at your age, and I was terrified (plus he took my earnings but I digress).

The fact that you want a job is actually amazing.

Think about telling your parents the good things about having a job; you'll start to get that experience, be able to save or spend money, start learning responsibility and things like that

3. ZenMusic

The reasons for me wanting this job are... A bit sad and spiteful, but mostly it's because I want to start doing things for myself (not that I don't do that already..."

4. ZenMusic

I'm doing quite well at school, I'm never late, and the majority of my homework is handed in on time.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think you have a great argument to present to your parents when you speak with them. I'd suggest to start with that 'you want to do something for yourself and you feel that would be a good start.' :slight_smile: