1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking Back and My Overanalysis Problem

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Justinian20, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Justinian20

I am honestly seeing so many things that I didn't realize I was like in my childhood, for example just a day ago, I realized that I had a whole bunch of attraction's to guys in high school and even one when I was 14. I look back at my childhood and I realize it's kind of funny to me that only now when I've completely accepted my sexuality that I see that I was attracted to guys when I was younger.

It feels so great when I look back that now I'm overanalysing too much about myself and I guess it's because I want to be absolutely sure of my sexuality and so I ask lots of questions that may seem pointless but realistically I'm being sure of who I am in terms of sexuality. I've always answered the question in terms of why am I not attracted to women(because I never felt attraction to women), that question was overanalysis of my sexuality and it actually stopped me from accepting my feelings for men. I do tend to overanalyse things and I've always done that.

I want to stop overanalysing because I know I am gay, but yet when I think about it I seem to find more of what I did and I just realize that compared to all of you, I was very similar in that I was attracted to guys in high school and at the start of sexual maturity, I had my first crush/attraction.

But it's good to think back because I've realized that denial isn't a good way to go and I've also been incredibly accepting of all types of people.

2. shinji

shinji Guest

That moment when you remember how you were back in the day and just wish that you had a timemachine...

Trust me when i say this, there is good, in overanalyzing your past experiences, they open the mind, allow you to change the way you think, of how you perceive things. But from what i'm reading, you already got past this point.

Don't dwell on what could have been. Analyzing the past is simply unproductive. There is nothing more to gain, from what i can see.

On a side note, move on to analyzing other people, that's always fun.