1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't think of anything for christmas

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by FtMart, Nov 27, 2014.

1. FtMart

Have you guys ever had this happen to you? My folks ask me what I want for xmas and i can never think of anything. Its been like this for at least four years now. The last thing i was able to think of was my acoustic guitar which i got when i was 14. I REALLY want a dog but that's not going to happen. My grandparents just lost their dog this pass september a day after their 40th wedding anniversary and they say no more dogs in their house. And i live with them. I'm an artist and i want a drafting table but my parents limit is 100 dollars and they (drafting tables) usually run between 150 to up to a thousand plus depending on the one you get. The one i want is 200. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm 18 and a community college student so it's not like i need gifts for college students that are away at a university. Has anyone else had this happen to them and what did you do about it?

2. DinelodiiGitli

Yep.
    And I usually end up spending any Chirstmas money I get on groceries and pets supplies, same goes for birthdays. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well you might talk to them about a dog... maybe showing pics of nice puppies... some time passed meanwhile... and you might remind them that the dog was so much fun around and had such a good life with them...

what about buying used ?
    or a gift card ?

4. Really

Maybe someone is selling a drafting table on craigslist?

5. kumawool

Well if they're putting a budget on your gift, tell them what you want, and tell them that if they can't meet the budget, that you want as much money as they would have been willing to have spent. Jeez, the oh give me what you want as long as it's within this budget is so annoying, because then I just pretend I want junk, and set myself up for disappointment.

That's why I ask for money now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: