1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Terrified

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Nov 27, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

So today, I got a call from the leader of my recent youth groyp, and he said he wanted to ask some questions about my emotional health and my family, and I told them everything that has happened with my parents over the past 4 years, including the incident with my Mum telling my Dad I'm gay. Jenna, the person who introduced me to Bernardo's, also heard this. I told them everything that happened and nothing more, and because I tried to commit suicide in the aftermath, they're going to phone my parents tomorrow and see what can be done. I feel like I've lied about them, my Mum doesn't trust professionals because they "make things worse." I feel horrible for some reason, even though I told them everything, including my dreams of seeing my father dead and getting some dark, sadistic satisfaction from it, and how much I hate him with all my heart. I will have to deal with them tomorrow, and everyone in my family, including my oldest sister and her 1 year old son, who I love dearly, will tell me I'm wrong and that I've made things worse. How should I deal with my parents manipulation? I'll be at school when they make the call, so I'll deal with them when I get home.

2. Alive

I'm not sure what to say but I really hope that things get better for you. Its better that you were honest. Maybe you will get emotional help or something if needed. But stand by your actions and you were very strong for opening up to the leader of the youth group. Best wishes to to you. :slight_smile:

3. ZenMusic

I'm afraid I'm going to be made to look like an immature child one last time, they said they would educate my parents on the issue, but even then, I don't want to see my dad again.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've read many of your postings on Empty Closets and it sounds like your parents have put you through a terrible ordeal. Your Mum betrayed your trust and the relationship with your Dad seems to be totally shattered - it's lead to you trying to run away from home and attempting suicide. There is no wonder your emotional well-being is a concern to other people. With everything you have shared with us, it's been a concern to me too.

Even though it feels scary, you actually did the right thing in telling the youth leader what you have been going through. When you have an appropriate adult on side it can make a difference as they will look out for your well-being. Keep in contact with him now. As long as you didn't embellish the facts, you didn't lie, so put that thought right out of your mind.

Professionals are not there to "make things worse" at all. Parents say this when they are aware of their own shortcomings and know they have fallen below the standards society expects of them. Professionals are actually there to protect the rights of the weak and vulnerable. If your parents have any sense at all they will pay attention to the concerns, rather than indulge in manipulation when your return from school.

Stay in contact with the youth leader and let us know how things go.

5. ZenMusic

Not only did she say she hadn't told them and that she would when a social worker came, she said this :
    I can ring you for a chat if you want. But i dont think anything will happen this wkend. Will be next wk now. Let me know if you need anything.

6. ZenMusic

Some social workers came in today to school and said they were only told a bit about what happened, and that they ARE coming around in a few days. I asked if they could see the test I completed to get a bit more clarity on the issue.