1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

insomnia

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Alive, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Alive

:help:
    I am severely sleep deprived and barely sleep anymore. 0-2 hours of sleep on a daily basis. I can't fall asleep or stay asleep. Its worsening my depression and suicidal thoughts to the point where suicide is all I can think about in the morning and while I cant fall asleep.

I've tried zquil but that worsened my depression. I've also tried melatonin and that seems to help with the falling asleep part. I also meditate right before I go to bed. I am not allowed sleeping medication because I am 15, 90lbs, and its addictive.

Any tips on how to fall back asleep once awoken? Or how to sleep through the night? Or what has helped you with sleep?

Any advice would be great.

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Have you seen a doctor already? If not, gooooo
    If yes, oh shit.

I personally eliminated sleeping troubles with disappearing into a fantasy world of my own. I drowned myself in it so that any other thinking was stopped and I calmed down completely. After a while of being in this "world" i just fell asleep.
    Usually I transport myself in a world of a movie or a book or sth. Just sth that is already existing and I just build up my own stories. So I don't have to take a lot of effort or sth.
    Idk if that helps but it helped me.
    Good luck:slight_smile:

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Bright screens excite the brain, so I'd avoid the computer or the tv after 7 or so.
    What has helped me is building a routine when going to sleep : Lower the lights, take a shower or a bath, eat and then read in bed something you find mildly boring.
    To build that routine takes at least 2-3 weeks, so you need to be patient and have discipline. Your body should go back to the good sleep schedule by itself, unless your medication or the food you are eating is interfering with it.
    Try also to exercise a bit everyday, even if it's only a 30 minutes walk.

4. Alive

Yes I saw a doctor and that is why I am currently not allowed sleeping medication. They said my antidepressants were supposed to help but I've only gotten worse. I am meeting with a doctor specifically for sleep in january.
    Thanks for your input. I'll try that

5. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Oh damn january....
    Well good luck anyways.
    And ofc.:slight_smile:

6. Alive

Thanks Vodkabaret. I am trying to work on a bedtime routine. But it hasn't been very long since I've started so I'll keep at it then for a few weeks and see how it goes.

---------- Post added 27th Nov 2014 at 12:57 PM ----------

Yea its too long to wait till then and I need at least 4 hours on a consistent basis to stop feeling so suicidal.
    Thanks