1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What in the hell is happening to me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Justinian20, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Justinian20

I am so much more emotional and I've never been this emotional as a person and it's feels so strange but yet so good. I am seeing a negative side to this as I do get angrier than I've gotten before and I feel a more intense sadness wash over me, but it never lasts for long because I can have a few tears and that sadness will go.

I used to be so cold and unemotional and since I've come out and accepted my sexuality as gay, I've released more emotions than ever before. I had ignored my sexuality for most of my school years just because it is school and during that period I never showed emotion nor did I think anyone was legit hot. I did have a couple of attractions during this period. For me to have turned around from the cold emotionless person I was in high school(who only cried if people were disappointed in him), To being this emotional guy who might even cry at the drop of a hat is amazing. I think what has caused it is accepting myself and coming out to a couple of people.

I'm still wondering what the hell has happened to me, the change was just like that(imagine guy clicking his fingers). Why has it happened so fast, like maybe it's because I ignored my sexuality for so long that it's like my coming out phase, I was incredibly relieved and wanted to show the world after I had regressed and ignored my sexuality for the incredibly long time of 6 years.

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a very similar experience. Prior to coming out, I think we train ourselves to hide our true nature, that includes emotions. They get bottled up and stored deep down inside. For me, I felt as if I was numb all the time.

Then, having accepted yourself and come out, your able to be your true self. All of a sudden, you open that bottle, and like a shaken bottle of soda, all of the emotions come exploding out.

For me, the initial emotional eruption lasted for quite sometime. I had 20 years bottled up. After about a year, my emotions seemed to normalize. Now, I sympathize, empathize and relate to others on an emotional level that I never thought possible.

What a great feeling it is!

3. kumawool

Think of it like this;

You had all of those feelings, stresses, and thoughts locked up deep inside a chest. Now that you're honestly working with them, all of those feelings are becoming a part of you, and at the same time, that stress is being released as though you've turned a pressure valve.

It's very normal, and healthy, to experience what you're experiencing now.

4. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry, I think this is pretty normal for anyone who has recently come to accept themselves. Even when I shouldn't have been, I was happy and excited about everything after I came out. I felt like the world could be anything.

It was a great feeling that I still have now.