1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help making friends!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Clancularius, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

From a young age I've had difficulty making friends. But as I've gotten older it's become more difficult. I'm in high school and I have no friends. Lately I've been very lonely, so I decided to ask if anyone could give me help making friends.

2. Incognito10

Do you have social anxiety?

3. mangotree

Are there any sports, recreational activities or special interests that you enjoy?
    Could be in or outside of school.
    Common interests are always a good place to start making friends.

4. I feel that
    I had never had any friends at all, not one single friend, until 6th grade. and then a ear later that girl went behjng my back and yeah. making friends is hard...
    I'll be your friend:wink:

5. Dakeli27

I'm not the expert at making friends, but I think the best way is to try to expose yourself to people with similar interests. Join a club or start doing a sport you like. This'll help you meet people you could be friends with.

6. Tardis2020

Clubs, clubs, clubs

Pretty much anyone who's a friend of mine is from one. Also, try to start a conversation with someone, I know that's harder than it sounds.

7. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Talking to a psychologist may help, as it has for me. I didn't want to seek help at first because it made me seem like something was wrong with me. But boy am I glad that I spoke to someone about it. If I didn't I wouldn't be here today, alive and well.

8. shinji

shinji Guest

↑↑↑ - Don't do this...
    ↑↑↑ - Do this!

Stop overthinking it. Just be like...

"Okay i see that you're into anime, let's talk about that and be friends, okay?"

See... now we are friends. Due to reasons, i can't actually be your friend right now, but the basic concept stands. Just find people with similar interests and be direct about it. Find something interesting in them, tell them. People love compliments. Don't focus on the idea of making a person your friend, focus on having a good time, and if you both do, you will become friends without you even realizing it.