1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mother is harassing and threatening my girlfriend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lostinparadise, Nov 30, 2014.

1. lostinparadise

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone

I'm freaking out a little right now because my mother is completely batshit insane since I came out and started dating my girlfriend. She even hired a PI to get all of our private things and to keep tabs on us (how he gets that stuff I don't know but I'm really desperate so I just might cut someone). She is literally stalking my girlfriend and I and recently she has been making threats and making comments such as "you better tell her to becareful, you never know what could happen" and suh and it's really freaking me out. I have no idea what to do about this... is there anything that can be done about it? I just want to keep my girlfriend safe and keep this maniac away from her, I'll even leave her if I have to (but hopefully I won't because I really love her so much). I'm thinking maybe we should get her parents involved with this now because I'm really concerned for her safety and maybe then something can be done to make my mother back off. And about the PI, is there anything I can do about that? Because he just fuels my mother's unnatural obsession with us.

I am at my wits end right now and I'm so fed up with this woman. I just want to live my life in peace but she insists on making everything complicated for me and the people who support me, such as my dad. Can someone please just tell me if there is something that can be done? :tears:

2. MatthewJS

all I can say is, go to the authorities and report her for harassment and claiming death threats. as for the PI, nothing in my knowledge I can do. sorry, this is all I can give you.

p.s. she is an insane bitch.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Mom - Report to authorities, as suggested above. But before doing this, tell her of your intentions, to see if that won't make her back down. Also, would help if you manage to record some of your conversations, especially parts where she explicitly threatens your girlfriend.

PI - Get their information, visit them and explain that you will file a lawsuit/restraining order, as well as "out" them on social media if they continue to work for your mother. If you manage to argue that what this person is doing is a form of "stalking" (harassment/intimidation) then you can just call the cops on them, and save yourself some trouble. It's important to note that PI's can't legally follow you on private property, get video proof that they did, and you're good to go with a nice little lawsuit.