1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going To See A Psychologist

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by iiimee, Nov 30, 2014.

1. iiimee

Hey guys, Chase here! I know I'm been posting alot of threads recently, but alot of different things have been going on in my life... Does anyone know what it's like going to a psychologist? She seems nice and deals with LGBT related stuff, but I don't know if I can have some tips... Has anyone been to one before? I am afraid because at my young age people don't take me seriously (I am thankful people on here seem to for the most part) However, I've been told she cleared off some of her free-time just for me ^_^ It may sound cheesy, but I am excited. Still, there's another issue I wanted to discuss in this thread, so I don't have to make yet ANOTHER thread.

My Godmother is homophobic. Now, this woman has practically raised me since I was 5, and knows pretty much everything about me... except for the fact I am transgender. Me and her practice a strict religion, and I love my church... but I can't stand how she thinks homosexuality is wrong. She says it "goes against nature". She often makes jokes about me growing into a young woman, and this has caused alot of my body dysphoria, because while my feminine traits are not very noticeable, neither are my masculine traits. I don't think she'd suspect anything if I cut my hair really short, but she would know if I did binding or something later on in the future. I'll be talking to the counselor about this, and I hope it will help... I LOVE my church, so it would hurt me alot if I left it, but it already pains me to be stuck in this closet... GRRR, Idk what to do! Does anyone on EC know how to help me? :bang:

2. Really

I think you're on the right track getting the psychologist to help you with your godmother.
    I haven't been to one but what you've said about her sounds like she'd be good.

3. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Be open and honest with her. The hard part is building the trust to be able to open up and say anything that is on your mind.