1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to move on by finding a boyfriend, don't see how it can happen.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by shinji, Dec 2, 2014.

1. shinji

shinji Guest

To keep this short... Basically, i kind of fell for this guy who randomly stopped all contact with me and now i'm destroying myself. As was pointed out to me by a friend, i need to move on as this person obviously does not deserve my attention and emotions.

So, i'm not yet quite ready to do so... as i still hurt, every time i see him online. But i have decided to start preparing, for when i am actually ready. What this entails is, me figuring out how i can actually go about finding a boyfriend.

The problem is that dating websites are almost completely out of the question, due to them brimming with people interested only in sex. Gay clubs are excluded as an option for the same reason. And friends, are simply not an option that i can use.

So now i'm struggling with the idea, whether i should allow myself to fall for someone that is not from my country (should the situation arise), or simply "settle" for someone from my country. I was criticized on the first, on several occasions.

It's like... as if i can control my feelings. Anyway, the idea is that i'm currently left with no options and find it really hard to find hope, that something will ever happen. I just don't see a possible solution, hence why i'm asking for guidance.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you still hurt, then don't jump into another relationship. Trying finding friends and others to be with, maybe short dates where you're honest that you aren't ready for long term stuff. Only you can make yourself happy.