1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Be Angry?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Dec 2, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

No matter what I do, I can't bring myself to be angry about my brother becoming estranged from us when I was 11. My parents like to spin this story that "he left when his siblings needed him most", but me and my older sister managed to get through college and Year 7 fine, and nothing happened that I'd tell my parents in Year 7, or anyone. What makes me angry is my parents telling me how I should and shouldn't feel about my own brother. He left us for three years and then started talking to us again at Christmas last year, and I would have begun to have a relationship with him again had my Dad not forbade me to speak to him. I didn't care when he didn't accept my friend request on Facebook and then made a snarky status about it when I was 11, and I don't care now. What should I do?

2. MusicislifeXD

Well, my sister did th same exact thing a couple of months ago. My parents are also telling me how I should feel about it. I think it's sad that he left y'all and it's sad that my sister left me, but if we don't feel bad about it, then we just don't. You might wanna just go through the motions. Feel what you're going to feel. Don't let anyone tell you how to feel just cuz that's how they're feeling.

We're in this together :slight_smile: