1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a huge crush on my best friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MrWheelz, Dec 2, 2014.

1. MrWheelz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My best friend is straight. Almost two years ago I came out to him as bi and a year later I told him "I have a thing for him." Since then our friendship has changed in a positive way I think. He tells me more and I tell him more than we ever did before I came out. He seems to want to hang out more but we are 140 miles apart which makes it obviously difficult. My question is, do I bring up again and tell him exactly how I feel or do I leave it as "a thing?"

2. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Personally I'd let it be. You're certain he's straight so there isn't any chance of a relationship.

You sounds like you have a great friendship with this person, I'm not sure why you would need to change this. Telling him might flatter him and bring you closer but personally if the friendship is as I have interpreted it, it could be a risk not worth taking.

Keep the friendship you have, he probably already realises you have feelings for him by the "thing for him" but also by other means such as body language etc.

I tend to keep my deeper feelings for straight people to myself. Naturally this is just my opinion though.

3. MusicislifeXD

I'm a huge fan of honesty. I fell in love with my best friend too, and now she's my girlfriend! It's the best thing that's happened to me. But, I only asked her after I was almost sure she's say yes. I would suggest finding out if he's even into guys. If he is, the you might wanna tell him how you feel. If he's not, you still might wanna tell him how you feel. Honesty is better than having a lie between you guys. Tell us how it goes!

And be careful!

4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sort of leaning towards RedDev84 on this one. I know that seems tough, and it's not nice having a crush on a friend, but you have told him about your feelings in the past. Unless he gives any obvious indication that his position has changed since then, I would continue your friendship as it is. :slight_smile: He sounds like a good friend.

5. MrWheelz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I actually don't know for sure if he's straight. I don't really know what to look for as a sign that he is at the very least curious.

6. MusicislifeXD

Maybe if you try mentioning some guy you think is hot. If he starts drooling over him too, then he's gay. Or maybe ask if he supports gay marriage (does he? I don't even know)
    Just try to have personal talks with him and get him comfortable with you. Maybe then he'll open up more.