1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

for the suicidal fellows out there...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by shotonthechest, Dec 4, 2014.

1. shotonthechest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wanna tell you how I got over suicide due to an experience, I don't know whether it will help you or not, but I just want to let you know that it's worth living.

well, I've been considering suicide for the last few months of my life. I started reading about it, getting information about various methods, and spent my time planning it. No matter how many people wanted to help (on internet), no one could help me. I saw the answer in suicide and I was indeed thinking about it.
    Until today.

A maniac attacked me on my way to school today. I was in the dangerous part of my city, where mostly criminals live. I was late to school, so my school-mates weren't around and I was alone with him in a narrow street. I knew he could have a knife or something, and I wanted to move faster, but he caught me.
    He unzipped his pants and started walking behind me, whilst asking me "do you like it?! Tell me honestly!" And later, he pushed me to the wall and told me to touch his 'old fellow'. I refused and told him to let me go, and he started pushing me over and over every time I tried to move. The entrance of my school was just about 10 feet away, and I started to scream. I cannot tell you how much I wanted to live at that moment. I always thought death was more inviting than life, but today I realised it was not. I realised how much I feared death and how important life is to me. I don't care whether I'm loved by no one or I'm no one's first choice, I don't need anyone to keep me alive anyway. I know that everything I need is inside of me. I'm really grateful for having sort of 'survived' today, it was a huge experience. I hope none of you experience what I had experienced to value life and get it's meaning. Believe me, it's worth living. Please, don't think suicide is the answer. Things get better with time, I promise.
    love y'all <3
    and, Life Gets Better Together <333

2. DinelodiiGitli

I'm so sorry you had to go through that but I'm glad you changed your mind and didn't harm yourself. You're right that suicide isn't the answer. (*hug*) Love, blessings and best wishes to you.
    [​IMG]

3. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

4. Benway

Benway Guest

I'm glad you're okay and you got a catharsis out of this, I certainly have dealt with suicidal depression in the past and it's not fun. But I am curious-- did somebody get the guy off of you and haul him off to jail? He was punished, right?

5. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so sorry you had to go through that. (*hug*)

I really admire you for turning that terrifyingly awful situation into something positive. You're amazing and have my total respect. You're right - life is worth living, and it does get better - even if it doesn't seem like that sometimes. Good for you for being brave - both today, and on those dark days you contemplated suicide but didn't go through with it. Both times you were strong.

6. That was really inspiring, you turned a terrible situation into a wonderful realization. You seem like an amazing person, and I'm so glad you found your life's value:wink: many hugs

7. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's a well known fact that the suicide rate goes down in times of war, when a society is actually under attack. When one's life is in danger, the survival instinct kicks in - something that can't be reasoned away, so intrinsic it is. An awful experience, but how wonderful to feel that, that primal desire to live. Closeted in our abundant industrialized societies, we forget what it is like to have to fight just to stay alive. Our distant ancestors faced death on a daily basis, just going out to hunt. I'm pretty sure they didn't sit around being depressed and wishing to end their lives. For them, just living to see another day was something to be grateful for. As it is for many folks around the world even today.

8. shotonthechest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My school was pretty close to the place we were in, and I knew my school-mates (who were late for school) would be running into school at the moment. So I started screaming for help, but seems like no one heard. He had that disappointed and annoyed facial expression and told me something like "be mature!" in my language (it's a popular phrase to say when you're disappointed in someone). He let me go after that.
    As soon as I got back home, I told my family about what happened. I have too many relatives who work as police, so my father called them out. They found him yesterday according to the camera he crossed by when he left me. He actually told them the whole situation (that was weird, at least to me) and had his way to jail. :eusa_danc