1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having a hard time making myself happy... :(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MatthewJS, Dec 5, 2014.

1. MatthewJS

I cant really remember the last I've actually been happy. since I got into a depression, nothing made me happy, not gaming, spending time with family, or talking to friends.

some of you know that I have been going through a hard time after I lost my best friend when he rejected me. and not being happy about anything anymore just makes my life not worth it.

I can make my friend, family, and other people happy and laugh, but I cant do the same to myself. there are times where I want to break down because I lost all of my happiness and nothing makes me happy. not even the things that once made me happy (see above).

my life... I just don't know where it is going to go now. the only thing keeping me alive is my violin. (I know, its pathetic) :tears: :eusa_doh: :confused: :bang:

(the song below kinda describes my life without lyrics, that's why I chose it as part of my signature)

2. Marshal Andrew

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi MatthewJS. I am sorry if you feel the way you feel right now. But everything gets better. I, myself, is very unhappy right now. I am sorry for the best friend thing, though.

It is always nice to have some passion because it tends to make us still alive. You have violin as yours. I am always fascinated with someone who knows how to play instrumentals. I myself want to play. I have mine as math as my passion.

I can be your friend. :slight_smile: I never the chance to have a close friendship. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I have many acquaintances but not friends, it's sad.

3. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry you had to go through that :/ Just hang in there buddy. I've been dealing with some depression recently, and I can tell you that the best thing to help you pull through is to get out of your own head. Do you have any other friends you can hangout with? Even your family will work. Do some activities with them. Go places, read a book, play a game, clean your room, do anything you can to distract yourself.

4. MatthewJS

I basically have one friend I stay in contact. after I lost my best friend, my life went downhill. I don't really associate with my family much. sometimes, they make me feel unwanted, unless they need something. well, I cant go to places until I walk again, which is tomorrow. I cant do things that makes me happy anymore. I try my best, but nothing works.

5. aboutface

Look I'm no expert, but I do know that if it is clinical depression you are dealing with, that often involves some chemical imbalances in the brain which no amount of trying to will yourself to be happy can overcome. If it is a very consistent and persistent thing for you over the course of months, I would encourage you to look to find some professional help.

6. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so sorry you're going through such a rough time at the moment. Depression is just horrible. I'm sorry you don't feel like your family are very supportive, either. I am sure they don't mean to make you feel unwanted, they probably just don't understand what you're going through. (*hug*) Hang in there buddy, you will be okay, even if things seem pretty dark right now.

The poster above is right. It is one of the symptoms of clinical depression; to find no pleasure in things that you used to find enjoyable. You might want to talk to a doctor and see if there's some therapy, medication or a change in medication that might help! :slight_smile: