1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone in an open relationship?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Incognito10, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Incognito10

If so, how long and what is your age? I am just trying to know how common it is and your experiences. Does it overall make you happier?

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What an interesting question to pose. There is so much discussion about open relationships, when on apps, you see so many people say they are in an open relationship. Yet, I do not think I have met anyone in a relationship that has directly admitted to being in an open relationship. Hmmmm.

3. Incognito10

well, it tends to be for purely sexual reasons, so that's why it doesn't really come up, i suppose.

4. MusicislifeXD

I'm in a relationship with my GF, but neither of us are out yet. Just our close friends know.
    If that's what you're asking :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Incognito10

Do you mean out in terms of sexuality or out in terms of being in an open relationship?

6. Quiet Raven

I knew a gay couple in High School who were in an open relationship. At least, they were pretty quick to tell me after I met them, and everyone in our group knew. It was no secret.

7. MusicislifeXD

Both, actually. Neither of us are out to many people except our really close friend. Also, no one knows we're together. Not even that friend.

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

lol guys an open relationship is a relationship where you let your partner have sex with other people besides you

I'm not in one personally (I'm not even in a closed one- single) but I have been seeing more and more lately in both gay and straight relationships.

9. Quiet Raven

Lol, oh. Never mind then. I don't know anyone like that.

10. David21201

ummm closed cause...uhh cause my gf and i are too young for sex... well not really, we've just never have talked about it...
    if we are out publicaly its a yes/no. we are out to everyone in our group except for 1 person because my gf still likes him. However, i think people are noticing that we are together, which for us can wreck our lives.