1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need Advice On My Situation

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by willycubed28, Dec 7, 2014.

1. willycubed28

Okay so here is the deal. My heart and my mind are in a battle. A few weeks ago I was taken off the schedule without being given a reason. Anyway when I was let go I was so pissed that several things came into my thoughts. I remember that my boss never asked me for my social security card, or my drivers license when he hired me. Nor did he give me a W4 form to fill out which he was suppose to because of taxes. I found out that five other employees never filled out a W4 form out, and taxes are being taken out, but it isn't going to the government because the government doesn't know we are employed. This means that our boss is receiving our tax money that he is taking out from federal, and state. Should I get a lawyer?

2. MusicislifeXD

I would probably get some sort if help. I don't think he should be doing that; it's illegal. Just make 100% sure that's what he's doing, because falsely accusing your boss could get you in trouble. But based on what you write, it sounds right. A lawyer sounds like the best option. Good luck!

3. willycubed28

Here is the the other thing. He cannot hand out any paychecks until we (the employees) hand him our social security card (make a copy of it), get our drivers license information, and have us fill out our W4 form for tax purposes. So what other explanation is there besides him stealing money? I also forgot to mention that he has written 3 bad checks to certain companies in which they provide services. These checks are in the amount of atleast $5,000 or more. They have been calling to collect, and he keeps avoiding them.