1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophabia

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AJ2014, Dec 9, 2014.

1. AJ2014

So me and my girlfriend were walking through town yesterday holding hand and kissing, hadnt seen her for two weels, and these girls neither of us knew come up to us and started having a go. usually shit dyke faggot unnatural and shit we just walked away but they did follow us for about 3 minutes saying shit. have never seen them beofee and we are both fine but sonce then myanxiety has ben bad been in college today and all I can do is think about I dont know what I should. Should I speak to someone.

2. lukeluvznicki13

Hey :slight_smile:.
    I'm sorry to hear that they said those nasty things.
    Unfortunately you will get people like that.
    Try to brush it off. You haven't receive a lot of hate like that before right?

3. David21201

Ignore them. They're just words. They may have hurt but havent you had any other criticism for being a lesbian?

4. shinji

shinji Guest

Imagine how insecure these girls have had to be, to actually make an effort and express their disapproval towards you in such an open way. I can't help but pity them, for their lives must truly be boring and meaningless, for them to do such a thing. There is no reason you should even consider what has happened, the situation itself is so absurd that it does not warrant you troubling over it.

5. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There is really something wrong with some people. :frowning2: It's not easy to forget things like that but don't let it get to you. Speak to someone if you need. Do something that makes you feel better.

6. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'm actually quite surprised you're in the UK. Generally people are quite accepting here, or at least not rude enough to vent their ridiculous prejudices in public.

I haven't been subject to homophobia, but I have had random people victimize me before and it's not nice. I felt bad for days, but actually... so what if these people have nothing better to do with their lives? They must be pretty insecure and unhappy with themselves if the sight of two girls kissing upsets them.

As you say, you've never seen them before and will probably never see them again. I don't think you should give them the time of day. (*hug*) Remember, nasty people are always going to act nasty. If it wasn't you, they'd probably find someone else to pick on. You were just unlucky enough to meet them. Don't change because of those crazy girls. They are crazy, after all.

7. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    They are horrible people and as Hanna on Pretty Little Liars said: "Bitches get buried."