1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know who I am anymore

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Burnedcloset, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Burnedcloset

So I've realized in the past week, slowly. I don't know who I am. I don't have a self identity. I act like whoever I am close with. I don't act like *myself*. I want to be myself but, how do I do that when I don't know who I am?

I just want to figure out who I am, I want to know what I enjoy. What is my passion. I have no driving force in my life right now. I want substance.

What can I do? What can help me figure this stuff out? Has anyone ever been here? I feel lost in my own head.

2. shinji

shinji Guest

In mirroring the behavior of those around you who you admire, you are in essence being your own unique self. The idea that you are actually capable of realizing this yourself, shows that you are a person who even though confused, has a deeper understanding of themselves. Something i personally cannot say for a lot of people i've met.

An answer to your question will present itself, the moment you stop focusing on what you perceive as being a problem. By constantly thinking about it, you are stressing and limiting yourself in the ability to actually see how unique of a person you truly are. Also, do take into consideration the laziness brought on by the time of the year.

3. Alive

Hey man I've been there. The hardest part is trying not to get lost in your head or get depressed about it. You will find who you are soon enough. Focus on yourself mire and what you are inclined to do regardless of your peers. Experient to find your interests. Don't think too much about it and go with the flow and what you are inclined to do.
    Good luck
    Many people have been there so don't stress about it
    :slight_smile:

4. Justinian20

I was very much like you gypsycloset especially in high school but after high school I was able to work out who I really was by going on a journey of self discovery. This same journey allowed me to also find my sexuality as to my credit I completely ignored sex stuff in high school.

5. sexwax

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    try looking into Borderline Personality Disorder that is a trait borderlines have, but Ive been recommending all over this site to try EMDR therapy for any sort of depression/uneasiness you are facing it works wonders!!

6. Burnedcloset

Hey, Thxs for the replies guys. I'm going to try to see a psychologists.

I don't think I can self diagnose. Lately I've been trying to create more of an identity with small things. Different show style, sunglasses, hairstyle, clothes. It's helping a little

7. gayer axolotl

Me too op!
    I feel like it is a brain/mood disorder. Which one? Well it is my life goal to find out. Good luck : )