1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

With Many Thanks.....

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rosalynn, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Rosalynn

..... to greatwhale and CuriousLiaison. Especially that line about being who we pretend to be. I read that line last night when the power cut out and I had to go to bed. I thought about it all night and realised that I had been waiting for the right label to suddenly burst into my head after much analysing and deduction and research. Then I sort of gave up because the confusion had been doing my head in. I decided that I would just chose the "greatest fit" and stick with it to see if it feels right and to just change it if proved otherwise. Pansexual seemed best because I don't really care about people's genders. When I woke up I was "oh yeah, I decided I was pansexual last night on a fickle decision" but just rolled with it. I spent the whole day alternating between nervous and calmly happy. It feels right, though, so I'll just stay like this unless something changes my mind. But I've stopped panicking, something I had not realised I had been doing.

In hindsight it seems silly but I'll just wait and see how it turns out. I wasn't sure where to put this, so feel free to move it!

And my question: Could this actually work? Could it end badly?(I don't see how it could.) I really wanted to get this out. To "test run" my sexuality, if you will. So, naturally, I turned to EC.

Now the hard part will be posting this.

2. Rosalynn

You know, it would be nice if somebody acknowledged my existence. Just saying.

3. lilrocket

Hi Rosalynn! Didn't see your previous thread or comments from greatwhale and CuriousLiaison, but you know, I think you have a lot of time ahead of you, as do most of us. Patience is really a virtue, in that with time and contemplation I'm sure you'll discover yourself fully and come to grips with your sexuality in such a way that you'll know, with confidence, how you feel and who you are, and it already seems like you're moving far down that road. I understand that the confusion of it all, and not knowing just how your sexuality works, can lead to a lot of anxiety and feel like the biggest thing in the world, so it is good that you've stopped panicking so much. I think most people on this site have gone through similar pain and hardship.

If you are attracted to people regardless of gender, pansexual seems like a good fit. I don't understand your questions with regards to, if it could work, or if it could end badly. As I see it, living for yourself and being as honest with yourself as you can be about your sexuality is a positive thing.