1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Would I Go To Find A Boyfriend?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by halolover98, Dec 11, 2014.

1. halolover98

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really want to find a boyfriend but I have no idea where to look for one. I've asked friends at school and they either don't know anyone who is gay or the ones they do know are already in relationships. Also, I am extremely shy, quiet, and get nervous really easily.

2. AKTodd

There's no particular place where you can be guaranteed of finding a BF, I'm afraid. However, if you go to places where there are more gay/bi men you can increase your odds of meeting someone who you will hit it off with such that they end up becoming your boyfriend. Or at worst becoming a friend.

Given your age you might look into any local LGBT community centers, youth groups, or clubs in your area. You might look at the Meetup website since sometimes there are LGBT gaming groups or the like, but I'm not sure if they have an age limit (either in general or for specific groups). You could check.

Beyond that, a bit of advice - don't go out with the specific goal of finding a boyfriend. These things take time and if you are focused on that one thing as a goal, you are going to most likely spend a good bit of time being disappointed. Not due to any failing on your part, but simply because these things take time and if you're focused on finding a BF you are going to notice every second you don't have one.

Rather, aim to go out and get to know other LGBT people (yes, that includes lesbians and transgender people - you can never have too many friends and sometimes they have gay/bi friends or relatives you might hit it off with) and have fun. And if, as part of having fun, you meet someone who turns into more than a friend - that's should be the icing on the cake, not the whole point of the exercise. If you can go home at night feeling you had a good time at some event whether or not you met someone, then you're on the right track. Because then you basically win either way.

Hope this helps,

Todd

3. breathingfree62

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just go in of search of friends!
    I agree with Todd.
    Take it slow and it will just happen.

4. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm looking too, and not having any luck either. I guess my suggestion is just go about y your life like normal and you'll find the right person eventually. It seems like a daunting impossibility if you're anything like me, but we just have to have faith that someday we'll meet someone special. Going to LGBT support groups or the like is probably your best bet.

5. halolover98

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys! :icon_bigg