1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do we talk more often?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MrWheelz, Dec 12, 2014.

1. MrWheelz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Every since I told my best friend that I am bi and that I like him, we seem to talk more. Not only do we talk more but he seems to tell me really personal stuff that we never talked about before. Sometimes I think he is dropping hints about his sexuality and sometimes I think he's telling me what he would tell anyone else. What do you think it means?!

2. Marty18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe it is the same thing as with my dad. We also talk more since I came out to him and even about things like weddings, variability of sexual orientations and other LGBT stuff :slight_smile:. We just got closer because he understands that it was really hard for me to tell him and that it is not easy even for me to accept myself sometimes. We were really good friends before, now we are like best friends.

In your case, there is also a possibility that he is attracted to you and maybe you hope so. But I would be careful because it could be the same like me and my dad.

At least you are lucky that you have a friend like this :slight_smile:. Good luck!

3. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's probably just trying to be supportive but I suppose it is possible that he is hinting around about his hidden sexuality. But that seems inconsistent with you becoming less secretive on the topic. I mean, if he has something to say why not just come out and say it at this point? What does he have to loose? Are you sure this idea that he might be gay isn't just wishful thinking on your part? On the other hand, most people in his situation would become more careful about sending the wrong messages, not less careful, but maybe that's just his personality. It could be that he is concerned that any changes this revelation brings to your friendship might distance you from him and he is overcompensating. At any rate, things are going well between you so why mess with a good thing? Enjoy your time together and if he has something to say, let him say it when he is ready.

4. shinji

shinji Guest

Let's try to look objectively at this.

You told this person something personal, trusting them with your most valued secret. Is it then not possible, that they now feel safe with entrusting you with their own secrets?

I mean, yeah if they drop some strong hints do try and be more receptive/flirty, but for the time being I would avoid assuming anything based on what you've written here.