1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In barely holding in my tears and not sure why I'm so upset

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Akira12, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I live with my grandparents since it's easier to love there and can't stand being away. Now I'm at my moms place to babysit once she starts work and I'm barely holding in my panic and tears from being away from grandparents. Me and my step dad don't get along at all and he basically treats me as a stranger in his house. I hate it here but I do love my mom and siblings. I'm confused as to why Im in such a panic and I feel like I'm a bad person for wanting to not be here. Am I in the wrong? Am I a bad person for not wanting to be here and be with my grandparents instead? I'm so confused and feel like curling into a ball and crying. It's all so confusing. I'm afraid to think of what I'll be when she passes or when I have to go to college or something. I can barley stand going to a friends place or even my cousins. >_> is that pathetic to be feeling like this?

#1 Akira12, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No you're an awesome person. The only reason u don't wanna be there is because he's your step dad. U and him don't get along if he wasn't there u probably wouldn't feel that way and I'm sorry that you do. Good luck (*hug*)

3. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First of all you need a big hug (*hug*) :kiss:

No there nothing wrong about not wanting to go to a place you don't feel good at. But even though you don't feel it you are a very strong person for even going there :eusa_clap No you aren't a pathetic person for feeling that way no sir :slight_smile:

4. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you both for the comments..they did help and it still hurts not being with my grandparents and my dogs and everything I'm familiar with, but I'll try making it the best I can and spend time with my mom and 2 siblings. I just hate this feeling you know? Now I learned I have to stay mom-Thursday and be able to go back to grandmas for Friday night and come back here Sunday until mid April >_>. Hopefully it goes alright. Though at least if need be I can contact my grandma to rescue me if it gets to be to much. Thanks again all and wishing you all the best! Now if only I had a boyfriend I could chat with lol it would make this bearable ^_^.

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand completely (*hug*)

6. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Any suggestions on how to not be so upset? I really do want to be happy with my mom and such but instead I feel all alone and like crying and just really want to be back at my grandmas place with all my stuff and familiar things and all the sounds I know of! Yet I'm trying to be happy but feels like im just putting on a mask, but I don't want to tell my mom how I feel because then she will get terribly upset since is rather be at grandmas then her and I hate upsetting her as well. I don't know what to do! I feel like I'm overreacting since I have a tendency to do so or something and I hope I'm not bugging you all lol.

7. Really

Give your grandma a call. To hear her voice and chat about normal, easy stuff. The dogs, her tv shows, whatever. Something non-emotional and maybe it will settle your nerves. Or tell her you're not enjoying this and does she have any advice.

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not at all (*hug*) listen I understand u miss your grandma so just call her everyday see how's she's doing talk to her about what makes u sad and avoid your step dad as much as possible and hang out with your younger sibililings and take everything one day at a time. Also if u ever wanna talk to me about anything don't hesitate to post on my wall I'm all ears :slight_smile:

9. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks everyone for your answers it helps a ton. I'm glad I'm able to talk to people who understand it's nice being able to talk to people instead of bottling it up ^_^. Thanks for the offer Andrew999 might just take you up on it! Well I'm gonna go and get some sleep so sweet dreams everyone! Thanks for listening.

10. motivate4change

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi Akira,
    I am sorry you are feeling so sad and upset. I am too, tonite, for different reasons than yours, which is why I want to help u to feel better.
    I am not sure if I missed your first post, but, to clarify, may I ask u if your first post stated that u were feeling sad and panicked, as well as feeling very guilty for feeling sad& panicked, bc you missed your grandma and do not feel happy staying with your mom and siblings?
    If this was your first post, do you mind backtracking a bit to explain why you do not feel comfortable staying with your mom and siblings? Do u not feel loved or accepted by them or is there another reason you feel sad and panicked when u stay with them?
    Also, does your grandma make u feel loved and accepted? (I am guessing she does, bc you miss her so much).
    Before you beat yourself up for feeling sad or panicked..and before you tell yourself that it is wrong to feel sad or uncomfortable about a particular situation or person (family member or otherwise), please allow yourself to first get in touch with the REASONS you feel sad,uncomfortable or panicked.
    When we feel certain emotions, it is for important reasons.We are human beings..we were created with brains..and brains allow us to think and feel all kinds of things..its as simple as that. A good way to deal with our emotions and figure out why we feel certain things is to begin journaling.It is GREAT that u are on this blog, sharing your emotions and thoughts. The next step is to write down all of your thoughts and feelings, without judging yourself. For example..write a list of the reasons you love living with and being around your grandma.Then, write all of the reasons you feel uncomfortable being around your mom and siblings..but dont judge yourself for feeling any negative feelings.
    Once your write all of these things out, see if they make any sense to you. If they dont, continue to write about your thoughts and feelings..either to yourself or even more on these blogs. Keep your thoughts and emotions flowing..the more you get in touch with what you are feeling and why, the less guilt you will feel.You must learn to stop judging yourself and start loving yourself and honoring why you feel all the things u feel. Remember, you are a human being and you have a brain..and it works, because it allows you to feel emotions:slight_smile: Thats a GOOD THING! You are a brave person to be so open about your feelings and thoughts and to ask for help to deal with it all.You are doing the right thing..and making new friends along the way!
    We are all here for u:slight_smile:
    --Your new friend,
    Kim:slight_smile:

11. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks Kim for all that and I hope your feeling better soon as well! If you ever need to talk or vent I'm here xD. I guess the main reason I don't like being at my moms is cuase of my step dad. He makes me feel like a stranger and that I don't feel like I don't belong here. I'm here to babysit so for the most part I'll only be dealing with him evenings so that's a plus. I'll be going to grandmas Friday evening and staying till sundayish. If I end up not being able to take it any more I can always contact my grandma and ell her I can't take it anymore, it's tough with him being a bully and jerk and many other things I shall not repeat lol. Well thanks all for all the positive comments and Ill be giving it a try and just pull through one day at a time xD. Best of luck to you all! Take care!

12. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, is there a way to improve your relationship with the step dad?? Even if it takes a super human effort from you to even try???

Because .. if that relationship improved, then you would be far more relaxed at being at home??

Maybe your mum could suggest ways to make things work better? I am sure she would also want the whole situation better at home than it is now??

13. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trust me I've tried as hard as humanely possible and beyond. I've tried being how he wants me to be, doesn't work. I've tried doing what he wants me to do which is basically ignore my siblings and my mother and don't speak to them or interact with them at all, couldn't do that because it doesn't feel right and is just wrong to do so. I'm to the point now to just not care anymore, I've tried being someone he would like but still hates me and it's just so hard to try and be something I'm not as well as how much it hurts when he doesn't see how hard I'm trying or doesn't care idk which. Just to the point of not caring about him anymore and just say screw it. Sorry venting a bit there I've just had a very horrible morning with trying to not start cursing him out.

14. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I may be clutching at straws here …
    It could just take one small thing that you can share an interest in. .. does he have interests or hobbies that could overlap … maybe he will switch and see you differently and take more of an interest in you?

15. Really

I wonder if it's time to stand up to him a bit. Could you say something to him like:

Listen. I'm here helping you out and I want to do it because I love my family but obviously we don't get along. I think we both recognize this so, now I'm asking you to please give this a rest and treat me with a bit more decency. We don't have to be friends but I do not want to be so poorly treated when I'm here at your request.

I've found standing up for yourself can work wonders sometimes. Of course, if there's a possibility of a physical reaction, make sure you are safe. Perhaps do it while your mom is there.

16. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @bingo I've tried finding an interest we both like or even tried to like something he does but doesn't work. He calls all my hobbies gay like for gaming it's gayming and so on and so forth. he hates gays and for some reason now that I think bout it maybe he doesn't like me since he's making everything I do into something gay...hmmm. @really I've tried standing up to him but the 2 times I've done so he gets even angrier cause apparently I'm back talking to him. Even saying no to him is back talking or telling him to stop flicking me or poking me cuase he does it to hard and it hurts he tells me to quit giving him lip. I've given 9 years of trying to be a good son or at least something he doesn't look at in hate. Started when I was 8 and now I'm 18...im so very tired of it to be honest. I've tried being silent but doesn't work it makes him do it even worse. It's not physical like hitting or punching and such but he does go round "rough housing" by poking me really hard and such. The. There's the stepping on my feet as hard as he can so I'm to the conclusion he doesn't like me and wants to hurt me. Yet mom says he just doesnt know his own strength..he's 40...so not sure how he couldn't. I've literally been bruised by one of his pokes >_>. Then there's the hurtful jokes that go to my way of laughing or talking. Then says he's just joking. It really freaking hurts even whmore n I try not to let it get to me. I've made so many excuses for him and I'm done. I'm still trying though for the sake of my mom but I really don't want to and just tell him to screw off to be perfectly honest. Am I a bad person for wishing him to the lowest pits of hell for all the pain he's given to me? I try not to hate people and I usually don't and forgive so much but he's a person I really really don't want to forgive and I feel horrible for that comment. Sorry I just needed to vent, hope you don't think any less of me for thinking such bad thoughts. God I'm a horrible person

17. Really

I'm sorry. That's sounds insufferable. Could you ask your mother to tell him to stop poking, rough-housing and in general, touching you? It hurts and you don't care if he doesn't know his own strength, he's an adult and should be able to control himself.
    Next time he does anything, step back and say, in a low, calm voice, "Do not touch me again." He sounds like the kind of person who's going to need multiple reminders to get re-trained. So, "Do not touch me again."
    If you could take up karate or some other martial art, it couldn't hurt.

18. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've tried telling my mom and asking her and she does but it doesn't work. She's gotten to the point saying he'll stop eventually or he's just playing and so on. If I tell him to stop he gets mad and tells me to quit giving him attitude and such. Might try and take up karate or something. Thanks for all the suggestions and everything! I really appreciate it and has helped a ton!

19. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're not a horrible person. It sounds like he has been quite a handful - for a LONG time !! - and I can see how it must frustrate you.

Maybe he has to realise that you are adult and the messing has to stop - and one day you will just confront him about it in a way that he realises it has to stop… I am not suggesting you do anything in an aggressive way but just, like, .. a serious way.

20. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well thank you all for all the help it was wonderful. So far it's been we're he's gone before I wake and I'm in bed before he's home. Hopefully this keeps working so I'm not putting any more stress on my mom since if I went back home she wld have to go to grandmas before work and wake up at the crack of dawn. Then again she told me k just need to learn to ignore his hurtful words and looks...but at the same time I feel like I shouldn't have to put up with it but I guess that's life eh? Thanks again to everyone for helping me through this!