1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Wondering

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gabby29, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Before I came out, life the past ten years was definitely confusing. I was angry a lot and didn't understand how I was feeling. I felt angry because I didn't understand why gay's and bi's were hated, why people called us names and treated us like mutants from X-Men or something. I'm out now and still feeling a little bit angry, everyone who's known me forever knows I'm bisexual and they understand orientation but they don't understand the frustration. I guess I'm just wondering what anyone on here has done to deal with their anger.

2. Rainbows~Exist

I used to have some serious anger problems as a kid and I overcame it one day by just saying to myself "Think about what you're doing. Is it right? No. Just stop." Ever since I've been fine and seldom get angry. I think you'll just have to ignore other people's ignorance against the lgbtq community as they are not even worth listening to.

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was angry as well prior to coming out. I was a bit of a terror as a result, yelled a lot, no patience, forceful and aggressive, etc.

I do believe since coming out my anger has dissipated substantially on its own. However, I sometimes need to count to 60 sometimes when approached with comments from others that lack logic or thought. My patience has improved as well, so I will let that evolve on its own. I am still aggresive, but that's the nature of my work, so I actually need to work to maintain that edge.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Anger is something I've had to accept in my life; it is never going to leave me entirely, I feel. It is either too stubborn or, for whatever reason, I just can't let it go. Whatever the reasoning, I'll say this:

Anger will give you strength. It will make you feel in control, and that you can do anything, because it accelerates your adrenaline. It closes off sensible thinking and removes typical boundaries -- but that's the thing, it's a trick. Anger will give you what you want, but at the end of that, you'll be left with absolutely nothing to show for it. Nothing worthwhile, anyway, that is.

Why?

Anger doesn't just give you the strength and blinders for nothing, oh no, it requires a 'sacrifice' of sorts. And the longer you embrace your anger, the greater the sacrifices become in order to maintain that facade of control. At first you simply give up being perceived as timid or kind, which isn't that bad. Then it becomes giving up being considerate to others, like a friend or family, which you'll justify as, well, if they really cared about me, they'd tolerate me. Finally, what you have to give in exchange for that oh-so-glorious feeling of invincibility, in the end, is, sadly, yourself. You won't be asking anger to do for you, you'll be slaving away at keeping it appeased and lit, while everything around you burns.

The thing with anger is, you have to identify what is making you angry. Then, you have to see how angry the identified makes you, and why anger is your go-to response. Once you understand how severe your anger is, you can start working on it. Over a period of time, you can utilize that anger to work for you, as I do. Some of my best work outs come, when I am starting to get pissed. Also, when I become angry, I like to punch and kick sand bags... which allows me to get all of my feelings out. There's other things you can do, but these are personal examples, of taking advantage of that anger.

5. Hexagon

Use your anger to make the world a better place. Yes, it is wrong that we're treated badly. It's right to be angry. So use it. But at the same time, don't let it consume you.

Or just what Kaiser said. I'm not feeling very eloquent. Also, I punch things.

6. anonym

anonym Guest

I have anger issues. I would happily smash up old furniture and stuff if I had the place to do it safely. What about sport as an outlet?

7. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family

I do, however not so much sports just the gym in general which does help relieeve stress and frustration and thanks for your guy's inputs. I've never really thought cared what people thought of me however it always infuriated me and still does when I see someone being teased or bullied.