1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depression... A valid excuse?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bornthiswaybby, Dec 14, 2014.

1. bornthiswaybby

Hey.

I suffer from Severe depression and I'm getting treated for it right now but I'd like to get people's opinions on something...

As a person with severe depression, I experience very "closed" thoughts. Therefore I see things as Great or Horrible. Black and white thinking...

I find I will often say things that I later regret, but due to my low moods I say closed minded things or hurtful things or just overly negative/dramatic things. I am so looking forward to being happier in the future, but I was just wondering your thoughts on this. Do you think people being rude at times is justifiable since they "can't help it" sometimes?

2. shinji

shinji Guest

I don't know if it IS justifiable, but it should be. In the end it depends on the person on the other side. How they react to what you say/do and if they themselves even realize what it is you are going through.

Unfortunately since it's hard for people to read minds, and people in your situation often don't open up to others, it's quite hard to come to these conclusions. Therefore people react in a way that is considered "normal", thus not taking kindly to such behavior.