1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry, but I'm just going to have to fall into the stereotype

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Emmanuella, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Emmanuella

... of the countless bisexual girls who just "end up with men". Not by choice... just seems to be the only viable option at this point.... :eusa_snoo

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As long as you are happy, I don't think that it matters what gender the person you end up with is.

3. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why?

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Is it because of all the biphobic lesbians out there?

5. David21201

hmm why dont you put yourself out there? You know just like look for girls. (Trust me i know it isnt easy)

6. Emmanuella

Though I haven't met/am not dating any man currently, I've just come to accept/realize that I am far more *appealing* to men than I am to gay women?! Both in real life and online, 99.99% of the attention that I get is from men, even though they were barely on my radar! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    When using certain "un-named" apps, I usually literally match with every man that I take interest in. They are also quick to send messages. With girls, it is the opposite.
    Offline, I'm only approached by men.

So, I figured...it's time to let go of the idea of meeting that "perfect girl"... if I start looking at the other side, I will likely find happiness sooner :slight_smile:
    ...A slightly different kind of happiness/dream... but I've made peace with that!

Just have to let go of the guilt of being another "stereotype". Both of my good friends who are bisexual in real life have settled with men. I always thought I would be the exception to that rule. One of the girls told me long ago that she had given up on women. I pitied her...I thought she was just a tad bitter. Now I'm joining her side...ahh *sigh*

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Have you ever considered finding another bisexual?

8. Emmanuella

of course! :slight_smile: The last girl I dated briefly was bisexual... I've also spoken to a few interesting guys online who happened to be bisexual. I don't pay much thought to one's orientation....

9. I hate to admit that I have caught myself being biphobic. I said I wouldn't date a bisexual girl, I used to get annoyed when bisexual girls talked about their "struggle."

I feel like it's because before I came out of the closet, I identified as "bi" then "pan" then finally "lesbian." So to me, in my own experience, bisexuality was synonymous with immaturity and an inability to be true to ones self so, whether the girl is a lesbian or straight, I always felt like "bi" was a cop out because that's what I used it as when I was younger.

I have made steps to change that. Coincidentally, my current girlfriend is bisexual. I am ashamed to say that I was at one point though, extremely biphobic.

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I have had five girlfriends and only one of them was a lesbian. My recent crush I didn't end up with was also bi. So we are out there. I feel like half the lesbians who are biphobic wouldn't even touch actual lesbians who have been with men either. It's sad.

11. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian