1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gfsfgr, Dec 16, 2014.

1. gfsfgr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello everyone. My name is Eugene. (sorry for my English). I am gay and I am from Russia. I think that explains a lot. Nobody knows about me. I have no job, no friends here and I am so depressed, having thoughts about killing myself. I know I'll never tell my parents about my sexual orientation. I have been trying to get out of here for many years, playing DV lottery but no luck. I had many problems since school time because of my last name or other reasons ( I have German origin) I became shy and unconfident. My life sucks, living in fear is so horrible. I don't know what to do...no reason to live

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, my sympathies for the struggle you are going through. While the Russian propaganda laws forbid public displays of LGBT pride, etc, I have not heard of laws limiting LGBT community organizations. Have you looked into seeing if any exist in your area?

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey gfsfgr, welcome to EC!

I'm truly sorry you are going through this, we know the situation is bad. I only hope you have the strength to endure until you can find the money and resources to leave the country.

If you can leave, there are countries where you can claim refugee status on the basis of sexual orientation, the UK and Canada are among these, as I am sure there are others in certain western countries.

Do you think you can make it out of the country as a tourist?

4. gfsfgr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for your messages.
    I live in Siberia, I don't know about organizations. And actually I would be afraid to go to any of organizations in my city. I am afraid of people.

I have a few people in U.S. but I don't have job now so It is quite difficult to get tourist visa to U.S., Canada or Europe because I will have to prove that I come back to Russia. I think I look like a potential immigrant.

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is the concern I had when you mentioned you did not have a job. However, you might be able to apply for a student visa. Have you considered applying to school somewhere and get an advanced degree?

6. gfsfgr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was thinking about job visa. I got my degree this summer, but I have no experience, my English is not good but still hoping...

7. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you would need a job first to get a job visa.

8. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eugene, you briefly mentioned your German origins and I'm wondering if Germany would be a potential destination for seeking asylum? If you can demonstrate a link of some kind with Germany your claim for asylum there on the grounds of sexual orientation may be heard sympathetically. If you are deemed to be at risk, you may not need to concern yourself with immediate employment in some countries.

If you wish to consider asylum in the UK, may I recommend the websites of UK LGBT charities Stonewall - stonewall.org.uk and UK Lesbian & Gay Immigration Group - UK Lesbian & Gay Immigration Group 2014

9. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hey - welcome to EC..

stick around talking about things on EC because we can all help support you with all your different problems.

believe me things can change, you just need some courage to make some big decisions - and you will get support here

10. gfsfgr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for your support. I appreciate it.
    We had chance to move to Germany when I attended school but now we don't have.
    Thanks for those sites. As I see I need to be in UK (or other country) to apply for asylum. So anyway I have to get a visa (tourist or something else). The question is how?..

11. gfsfgr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am thinking, I wasn't close enough to my father in childhood, he rarely hugged me and spend more time with mother, probably she don't treat me like a man. Could it make me gay?