1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost love

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Susan, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Susan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi there, I think I need some of your advice.

For over a year I was meeting with a girl, Katie, that declares herself as a lesbian. We were in love, although she wasn't easy-going one - as I am very sociable person and, as she always described, 'I have got a lot of friends', she used to be jealous of almost everyone. That relationship was like a rollercoaster - I didn't know what will happen the next day even if everything had been alright the day before. She argued with me about everything and that jealousy was driving her crazy, but honestly, I didn't give her a reason during our relationship to act like that. I was very devoted, because I truly loved her, accepting her as she was, trying to always be next to her, no matter what, texting her, calling her, always being in touch, but she never appreciated that, focusing on what is wrong. The most she was jealous of my ex-boyfriend, with whom I had separated six months before we started meeting and with whom I never was in love, it was rather a teenager relationship. . He still had some feeling towards me, but knew that I wanted to be just friends and respected that - it was important for me as well to have him as my friend, because he is a really good person and I knew him for a couple of years at that time. On the other hand, a friend of mine, a girl, had fallen in love with Katie and she started to be friends with her, forgetting about our friendship that lasted 6 years. And things were going like that - Katie was forcing me to break contact with my ex-boyfriend, so I didn't see him for a few months, but me, as a person who respects others and who thinks that you are not obliged to tell anyone what to do, especially when it comes to the people that you have a contact with, tolerated everything - her hanging out with my ex-friend, their going together on concerts etc. (although it hurt me a little bit inside). I knew that her behaviour doesn't have a good influence on me and my friends told me often that her it is abnormal and toxic - for example she was likely to break contact with me many times because of everything - my ex-boyfriend texted me 'how are you?' and for her it was the end of our relationship or I said that I'm going to visit my grandparents and she thought that she had seen me somewhere else - and many, many situations like that, when she was saying that she hates me or other cruel words. But no matter how hard and painful it was, I loved her and I was always next to her. And then came the time of holidays - she got offended because I was going away on two weeks to Spain with my parents. When I was there I used to talk with her whenever I could in order to make everything alright, but of course, she was angry with me, because she was sure that my ex-boyfriend texts me or something. and while I came back to our country, we decided with her to try to be friends, because we couldn't stand our arguing anymore. that lasted about two weeks, when of course, she was jealous of me still, even being my 'friend'. and one day, it was august, she visited me, we had a casual talk, and then she started the subject of my ex-boyfriend, I if had contact with him, she started getting angry(I had, but as always, only as friends and we even didn't see each other during holidays) - and I told her that I can, as well as she, have contact with everyone that I want to. So she went crazy then, she took my phone, she started to read messages, calling him, she was shouting, screaming - all that because we had a message contact like 'hi there, how is it going' - it was really sick, she told me that she hates me, that we would never see each other again, that I'm the worst etc etc. Every time when she acted like that I was the one who tried to talk to her, even if it was her mistake, but that time I decided that I could no longer stand her behaviour and treating me like a rubbish. And at that time when I was abroad a girl from my school started to text me on snapchat - we had good conversations, but normal ones and she invited me for a beer when I come back - i hadn't known her before, she was one year older, I only knew that she used to be in a relationship with a girl, because a friend of mine was in class with her. So as I was left completely alone in that kind of manner, I thought that I have nothing to lose and I met with her - it was good, very fast we started dating and we spent three weeks together, having good time, we even thought that we're in love, but in september she was going abroad to university in england, she wanted to be with me even while she was there. So I decided that I could try, but it started getting harder for me, she was in love, and then came october, I made up with Katie, because we started texting on october the 4th, when it was our first anniversary and we met the next day to explain to each other that what had happened between us (it was Katie that proposed the meeting). And even before my meeting with her I had told to my current girlfriend that I think about Katie again etc., but I didn't want to make her worry, as she felt alone being abroad, so I decided I would tell her everything when she comes here. At the same time I started to talk with Katie after we explained everything, and I really wanted to be just friends with her, but she was never able to do so, so before a girlfriend of mine came back to country for the weekend and I broke with her, I had once had a close physical contact with Katie. After the break-up my ex-girlfriend came back to England, and we had contact, not special one, but it was quite okay. And there is that thing - Katie didn't know that I had got someone else while she left me alone, and it's not because i didn't want to tell her, but because I knew how she would react and that she would leave me again, without thinking that it had happened because of her behaviour.

2. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quite frankly, that is not love. That is dependency. Obsessive, too. Seriously, I'd not even tolerate some of the stuff she did.

If I were you, for your own health, I'd cut Katie immediately. It sounds like she lacks any kind of trust, and that is no basis whatsoever for a relationship. You're building a house on sand if you'd stay.

I'm certain she feels love for you, but you can't be in that kind of relationship. It is a powder keg of paranoia, and anything could set it off.