1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm just... tired.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by FancyGummy, Dec 17, 2014.

1. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    I've been feeling horrible lately. I think it's a mixture of mental exaustion and a cold, not sure. My church has ramped up their mention of "homosexuality" lately. It seems that they're retaliating against the simple fact that most of the kids my age there are far less settled on the matter than their parents. It's been obnoxious. I've heard people say that "homosexuality is being promoted" (which is a load of crap), that christians are "outnumbered" (which is a load of crap), and even a rant against skinny jeans, with some old guy saying "I don't know a single woman who finds skinny jeans attractive, but the homosexuals who make them certainl do!" (which is a load of crap.) Couple that with having to listen to them trying to justify God having Israel kill entire cities, women and children included, and stone people to death for stealing a robe, and I don't want to deal with religion anymore. But I can't belive that it's all not true. You can't convince me of that, at this point. Essentially, my church (my parents are Jehova's Witnesses if anyone cares) belives that while very few people go to heaven, most people will be ressurected here, with the earth recreated as a paradise like it was when adam and eve were first created. But I'm not someone who would be ressurected, as far as they are concerned (unless I went about my life as "normal", even then I'm not convinced...)

I mean, look at me! Here I am, religion shitting all over me, and I'm just standing under it, letting it happen. Honestly, I don't care weather any of it is true anymore... either way, i think it would just be better if people forgot about it. I've seen how it messes people up, and I nearly accidentally made my best friend commit suicide because of it, before realising I was crushing on him the whole time.

I'm beginning to wonder why I honestly want to slog through 80-something pointless years, too, honestly. I'm glad my family doesn't own a gun.

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey :slight_smile: I'm so sorry you're having a rough time right now. I bet you feel like you're the only LGBT+ person from a Jehovah's Witness background, but if it makes you feel any better - you're not! *points to self* It's tough, isn't it? I hate when they keep reinforcing ridiculous ideas in the meetings. Although in my experience, I've met a lot of nice people in the religion - I really think they are deluded on certain issues. Especially homosexuality. I just couldn't believe that a god who "is love" would have a problem with gay people being in love. Eventually I told my family as much, but it was tough. I lost a few friends because of it. In the end, I think it was worth it.

It's very easy to feel crushed and oppressed, especially at your age. :frowning2: Things do get better- I know that's hard to believe. I've been exactly where you are and I can tell you that I survived, and things are better now. Strangely, once I told my mum (who is still a Jehovah's Witness) she relaxed a little and in some strange way, respected my opinion. Obviously she couldn't endorse my "life choices" but at the same time she said that she still loved me and was still going to be there for me. So it worked out better than expected.

Hang in there buddy, I'm so sorry you're under this pressure. (*hug*) I know what you're going through. You never know what's around the next corner, life will always surprise you in unexpected ways. You will be okay.

3. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Yay, someone gets it! Yeah, my mom's been the same way as far as I can tell. I actually think she's starting to agree with me that the whole "men who lie with men" thing seems a little like it's just tacked on. The thing is, everything the bible says is a sin could be considered a form of theft - exept for people falling in love with someone of the same sex. There are no direct or inevitable negative consequences. Of course, my mom's in Florida, and I'm stuck with my dad saying "some guys in my school messed around and nothing came of it." And yet he's coming to me for fashion advice now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hear ya, and I agree! I know it's rough, but I will say that you're not alone! (*hug*) I know what you're going through - feel free to wall me whenever if you need to vent! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: