1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do if BFF unexpectedly ignores you?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Chief Beifong, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Chief Beifong

Long version

Like what it says. I have no idea what to do. I talk to her all the time, we're kind of like that close BFF type of friendship. If she has something on her mind or she's feeling conflicted or when something's making her uncomfortable, she would usually tell me, or at least someone. For the past couple of days, she's ignoring me, not completely to the extent that she would give me the silent treatment. But she and I never had a full conversation for nearly a week now. I thought she's having some rough time or too stressed, but I notice she's only acting unusual around me. Plus, she's not those type of people who would bury her worries or problems. Unlike me, she confronts her problems.

She still talks to me though, but she gives me the smallest answers only when I ask her something. And she hasn't joked around me at all, she just gives me straight answers and pretends she's off to do something else. If we're having a group conversation with 2 of our other close friends, she usually just talks to the other 2 and avoids any eye contact with me. And that other time she and I and another friend were walking home, she and that friend mostly talked while i'm usually quiet. That friend still brings me in the conversation but she (the BFF) still hasn't acknowledge me. Then there's that time when she and I were facing each other in the hallway, once she saw me getting out of the classroom, she turns around and walks with another friend to the classroom.

I'm trying to remember what I did to make her act like the way she is doing now. (From where I live, it's wednesday night) She's been acting fine on Monday, but something was a teensy bit off, but I ignored it as she still had a conversation with me, (not a whole lot that day). The next day, BOOM, that's when the short answers from her comes in. Then today, avoids eye contact with me and is ignoring me in the hallways happen.

I've asked a couple of people if she's acting a bit off, and those who know her quite well has noticed she is ignoring me. Those people offered to help ask her what's happened, but I knew it would be obvious to her that they're gonna tell me. When I refused their help, they suggested I confront her before the holidays next week. But i'm horrifyingly scared to do that.

So that's that. I have no idea what to do, I'm horrible in confrontations and she's the only one, really the only one, who helps me through confrontations. She's the only one who knows how I deal with confrontations or how I deal with something too complex or something I fully don't understand, and she's the only one who fully understands me and knows practically everything about me. She's basically my anchor to hold me down whenever I panic. Without the anchor, now i'm just going mad. I'm giving it a few more days for this 'weird' behaviour to go away. But is that the best way? Or should I confront her immediately? Unless someone is able to convince me to confront her (which is basically almost no one, except her and a few more people), I would never approach her at all and leave it.

(sorry if it's too long, I basically write down EVERYTHING on my mind)

Short version

-BFF starts ignoring me (past couple days)
    -No idea why
    -BFF is not the type of person to ignore people
    -BFF usually tells someone if something's odd or wrong
    -BFF doesn't tell anyone what's wrong from the people i've asked
    -Can't confront her (I'll panic)
    -She's the only who can calm me down if I panic
    -Some people noticed --> tells me to confront her
    -I want to wait for a couple of days for things to become normal
    -But I may not even approach her (too scared)

What should I do??? I'm just too scared to do anything

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would text her and ask her... telling there is a change, asking why...
    but its up to you...

(*hug*)

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Pretty much the same thing happened to me few weeks ago. The best thing you can do is wait some time, give them a chance to provide an explanation and if they fail to do so, simply consider things over. Trust me, you do NOT want to stress over something like this continuously. The sooner you realize if things can work or not, the sooner you can move on with your life.